Sunglass Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am too rough on sunglasses and lose them too frequently to pay big bucks for nice ones. This past year I have been getting polarized sunglasses from the $5 bin in the fishing section at Wal Mart. Polarized is definitely a good thing -- it makes them better for driving especially, with the glare reduction.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 for Oakley. I have a couple of their glasses...but....keep a couple of Dollar General or Family Dollar cheap-o glasses handy.

Nothing like having the expensive one fall off and a bunch of cattle crunch them, or accidently leaving them on the hood of your farm truck and driving off..leaving them who knows where?

Nothing like leaving them in the passanger seat and a buddy jumps in...and before you realize it..the get broken.

Now days, the Oakleys are "urban" or Vegas sunglasses amd the cheap-o are shooting, choir, lake, ..everything elses sun glasses.

If I remember correctly...it's been a few years..I think sunglass hut had a warranty..but I've had them so long I'm sure the warranty is waaaay past.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a very cheap individual and always purchased the $10 pair of sunglasses. 2 years ago, I went baller status and bought a $20 polarized pair at Academy. I really liked them, but they just didn't seem all that clear on cloudy days and they scratched incredibly easy. I bit the bullet in December and got a pair of Costa Del Mar's with the 580P lenses. The clarity difference is incredible. I wear them in all kinds of conditions and have yet to received a scratch on the lenses. The warranty is top notch from the people I've talked to that had to use it as well.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the Spikes Tactical with Oakley lenses. They're polarized, with non-reflective black lenses. The case looks like a magazine pouch, and floats, as well as being crush proof. Anyone serious about shooting accurately at long distances should buy them. I think they're available in Claremore...

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Spikes Tactical with Oakley lenses. They're polarized, with non-reflective black lenses. The case looks like a magazine pouch, and floats, as well as being crush proof. Anyone serious about shooting accurately at long distances should buy them. I think they're available in Claremore...

Link Please

Latest posts

Top Bottom