Sunglass Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys that are talking so great about Half-jackets are crazy. I have the same FRAMES from 2007, but I would hardly consider them to be the same glasses I first bought in January of 2007. I have replaced lenses three times at a cost of $89 a pop. I have the XL polarized lenses. I have replaced the nose pieces at least once a year and the ear socks three different times. Accessory packs are about $15 a pop if I remember right. Haven't worn them in almost a year now because they are scratched to **** AGAIN and need a fourth f*cking set of lenses. Sure the frames are tough but the lenses are complete garbage. Trying to see through glasses with scratches brings on Migraine level headaches for me. Done with Oakley. Rudy project, Bollé and Wiley X(for shooting) have all been far superior for me.

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

Last edited:

GusMan405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maui Jim's are the best and clearest lens I have ever looked through. Maui Jim's also have he best customer service by far. Oakleys are good "sportswear" glasses. If you are around water a lot, or wear them driving then polarized lens are worth the extra money.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have light sensitive eyes, and loved my gascans when I first got them. However, I wore them in the lake and pool (saltwater), and the film on the polarized lenses were eaten up rather quickly. After talking to guy at Oakley store, its fairly common with their iridium coating. Never had that problem with my Arnette's. I'll be picking them or some Spy's up soon.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear cheap ones from walmart. I have a pair of safety rated sunglasses in my car i got from work for free. When you are driving eastbound at 7:30 am they sure help.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, am I hearing that Spy will hold up much better than Oakley? They seemed to be priced better. The Costa's are nice but out of my range for sure.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have two pairs of Oakley (Half & Flak Jackets) and one pair of Costas (Brine w/400 lens). Love all of them. They each have their purpose. I wear the HJ most of the time and have both polarized and non polarized lenses for them. I have owned both sets of lenses since 2002 & yes the polarized set has some scratches but the regular lenses don't. My Flak Jackets are what I wear when wearing a hat or fishing an my Costas I wear in the snow and off shore. I did a lot of research before buying my HJs and found that Maui Jim (which will be my next pair) have the highest rated polarized lenses and that Oakley rated highest on frames. Costas are the go to brand for off shore fishing. My flak jackets are my favorites out of the three I own.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom