Surging home insurance costs could force families to leave these 10 states (OK is one)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
It absolutely matters when they drop it. Insurance policies for property are typically written as a year long contract, they assess their risk and offer a renewal accordingly.

OR......

So the government should force insurance companies to cover homes because banks require it? That doesn't sound familiar to you at all? I mean because I can sit here and tell you all about the disaster the affordable health care act/obamacare is.
If it's required, they shouldn't be able to drop it. Period.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got my renewal notice. I am with Liberty Mutual.....it is going up from $6k to $7.6k....this is after going up $2k plus the year before. Time to really start shopping for insurance for home and auto.
I've just been going through this process over the last few weeks. I'm with State Farm and my homeowners went up 25% and my auto went up 6%. When I found that out I was STEAMED to say the least. I've had numerous brokers curving insurance rates for me, and unfortunately, unless I want to seriously do my coverage and/or raise my deductibles, I'm just going to have to bend over and take it. Every other quote has come back now expensive that what I currently have. A couple came back MUCH more expensive.

I f8cking hate insurance.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's required, they shouldn't be able to drop it. Period.

It's required if you're borrowing money. But you want the government to step in and force a company to provide coverage because of this?

It's interesting how we turn into democrats around here when we don't like something.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've just been going through this process over the last few weeks. I'm with State Farm and my homeowners went up 25% and my auto went up 6%. When I found that out I was STEAMED to say the least. I've had numerous brokers curving insurance rates for me, and unfortunately, unless I want to seriously do my coverage and/or raise my deductibles, I'm just going to have to bend over and take it. Every other quote has come back now expensive that what I currently have. A couple came back MUCH more expensive.

I f8cking hate insurance.

I promise you, there are many in your situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom