Surging home insurance costs could force families to leave these 10 states (OK is one)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So can you just drop the roof altogether and get a substantial premium decrease?

Seems a good idea to open an account or add money to your emergency fund for a new roof when you need it. I’d throw on a steel roof and be pretty much done with it after saving up for it.
I currently have Amica. They have an online app that lets you adjust different coverages under the policy. I removed roof coverage and the policy premium dropped about 30-40%, that was a few years ago. I didn’t end up removing the coverage.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Insurance premiums increasing is a direct result of buyduns waistfull spending and the double digit inflation we’ve seen. It just takes time to work the crazy inflation through the economy. If he’s reelected, you’ll also get to enjoy paying for his freely spending your money by paying a higher tax rate.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Insurance premiums increasing is a direct result of buyduns waistfull spending and the double digit inflation we’ve seen. It just takes time to work the crazy inflation through the economy. If he’s reelected, you’ll also get to enjoy paying for his freely spending your money by paying a higher tax rate.
I so enjoy paying more so non working illegal criminals can have free housing, credit cards, etc. Warm and fuzzy feelings abound.

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I am afraid of. My policy expires 7.17. Homeowner's has increased 64% over the last two years and I expect another 35%-45% for 2024-2025
I just got clipped for a 25% increase on my renewal. Asked my insurance guy about it. He said the whole industry is upside down and people are getting cancelled by there homeowners. Not sure why. People need chill out, the whole world has gone mad. I feel bad for those in poor financial situations and worry for the future generation. I make good money and I'm even feeling the squeeze.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What double digit inflation? Highest it’s been is 9% for 1 month in 2022. Been 3-4% for the past year. We haven’t had double digit inflation in this century

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What double digit inflation? Highest it’s been is 9% for 1 month in 2022. Been 3-4% for the past year. We haven’t had double digit inflation in this
Inflation is cumulative. Since buydub has been in office inflation has reduced our purchasing power and the BLS says it now takes $1.21 to buy something that was $1 in 2020. That’s 21% or double digits.

You can’t compares today’s inflation to last century. Many inflationary items that were included last century are excluded now. It’s comparing apples and oranges.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Inflation is cumulative. Since buydub has been in office inflation has reduced our purchasing power and the BLS says it now takes $1.21 to buy something that was $1 in 2020. That’s 21% or double digits.

You can’t compares today’s inflation to last century. Many inflationary items that were included last century are excluded now. It’s comparing apples and oranges.
I go by the Labor dept, bureau of labor & statistics. Highest this century was 9% in 2022, for all items. I think CPI is the best measure of inflation because it measures consumer inflation of the day to day living expenses

https://www.bls.gov/charts/consumer-price-index/consumer-price-index-by-category-line-chart.htm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom