Tanks a LOT!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, that looked like 2+ companies worth of Abrams - I counted 29 of them.

Reminds me of the time years ago when I was driving by the Wichita Mts Wildlife Refuge next to Ft. Sill. I was on a two-lane highway, and as I came around a bend in the road, I was stopped by MP’s who had two pickup trucks parked across the road some distance apart. The MP’s had several other cars stopped in each direction, and the MP that looked to be in charge had a pair of orange flags. He was looking off the road past some large boulders that were blocking my view. After a minute or two, he looked both ways, raised the two flags, and began motioning with them. Suddenly, three M1 Abrams came charging into view toward the road, and they crossed one after another between the pickups, crashing down onto a low dirt road on the other side, and disappearing into a stand of trees. The MP’s loaded up into the trucks and followed the tanks, and the rest of us proceeded on our way. I’ll never forget that sight.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
11 engines on that train at the lead. Video didn't go long enough to see if any others were at the tail end. Impressive sight.

When we lived near Colorado Springs, they had rail car loading facilities just off of one of the major streets. It was impressive to see the capability of loading equipment onto rail cars.

Fort Carson Rail Loading Facility.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom