Taxes coming, need opinions from u guys familiar with 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I could put my tax return towards a toy... unfortunately my wife has convinced me that the fung shei of my living room is in dire need of a couple of chairs at a couple thousand a pop. Had Cromwells and Wingbacks not been in the picture,.. I'd say find a good Colt. I have had several, and still own 3 SA 1911s, but my 1 Colt is my favorite. I think if I can get my wife's need for expensive furniture out of the way, a Colt Delta Elite is next on my list.

Fendar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only dislike about the RO is you can't get it in stainless, and no rail. Guess I'll run to the shops when I get my refund. I saw a para with a rail at a good price but I'm stuck on springfields.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get a lot of 1911 now for under a grand. I believe you can get a stainless loaded for less than a grand.

You will save some coin going online. I saved over $300 by buying a Springfield TRP online as opposed to picking up the one setting on the shelf at H&H. If it were less than a hundred I'd have bought locally. But $300 is a bunch of ammo.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would go for a springfield operator if you want rails. I have one and love it. I've had a few nice 1911's and for the $$ I really like the operator. You can get them brand new for $900, used for even less. Plus it has a nice finish compared with the parkerized finish of the RO.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Springfield RO will probably be my next purchase, 1" groups at 20yds right out of the box for $800-$900 isnt bad

I do have to call BS on this post. These is NO way the RO is going to get 1" groups @20yds out of the box. The TRP and TM say 2-2.5"groups @25yds out of the box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom