Texas church shooting..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.khou.com/news/local/texa...al-hospital-in-2012/489929623?ftag=MSF0951a18
Church gunman escaped from mental hospital in 2012
Michelle Homer & USAT , KHOU 2:43 PM. CST November 07, 2017

&

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/brea...ty-after-attacking-wife/ar-BBEH889?li=BBnb7Kz
Church shooter escaped mental health facility after attacking wife
CBS News
Crimesider Staff2 hrs ago

I suspect many Democrats are surprised that somehow Trump was right again...uncanny

Probably many are also surprised by reports, just coming out, that no bump stock was used.

Interviews with the heroic citizen are now on youtube...Worthwhile viewing.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap... sounds more and more like this guy was a powderkeg waiting to blow - for years! WTH... how many times does someone have to f*** up before the book gets thrown at them???

I guess I should know, we had a guy shot and killed locally by police after he had been shown NUMEROUS times to be violent and dangerous, and I personally documented that in his medical chart on multiple occasions, and even had to warn certain law enforcement officers of that fact when they didn't want to lock him up. Once they realized I was absolutely and deliberately painting a picture of him leaving our facility and hurting someone or himself, with them being specifically notified, they took him away. However, only a few months later, he shows up threatening people with a samurai sword and the police shot him.

Sad thing is, we know of lots of people with these tendencies, but "safe space" snowflake types have convinced the public and the .gov that everyone deserves the right to live out on their own... even if they're B.S.C.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Air Force can be sued for negligence by the affected familes.
Almost certainly not. To prove negligence, you have to show a duty to the people affected (a tenuous connection, but a slim possibility) and proximate cause, which isn't happening. Form 4473 specifically asks about domestic violence convictions; if he'd answered question 11(i) honestly, the transaction would have ended there. I've also seen arguments that 11(c) is relevant because he was subject to a general court martial, which can give a penalty greater than one year (as opposed to a special court martial, which cannot), and possibly 11(f): I've read that he escaped from an institution; if you enter voluntarily, you can leave freely, but if you're committed, you can't. That last bit is deep speculation based on questionable interpretation of a notoriously inaccurate media; in any case, 11(i) is clearly applicable, and breaks the chain of proximity for the Air Force.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Air Force can be sued for negligence by the affected familes.
Adding to what Dave offered, you have to look at our legal system (I no longer refer to it as "justice") as a sewer system. It processes and disposes of human waste and waste byproducts. Well our sewer system is old, decrepit and full of ****. That doesn't mean it's a bad system, but it does need to be cleaned out and repaired.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/11/07/paul-mccartney-says-trumps-climate-skepticism-is-madness/
Democrat Ted Lieu Walks Out of Moment of Silence for Texas Victims
by Joel B. Pollak 7 Nov 2017

..."Lieu has made a name for himself over the past year as a Twitter troll, tweeting insults against the president and members of his administration. A reserve officer in the U.S. Air Force, Lieu has also been
accused by critics of violating military rules by referring to the president as illegitimate."

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Adding to what Dave offered, you have to look at our legal system (I no longer refer to it as "justice") as a sewer system. It processes and disposes of human waste and waste byproducts. Well our sewer system is old, decrepit and full of ****. That doesn't mean it's a bad system, but it does need to be cleaned out and repaired.

Additionally, if we are going to ring the mental health aspect of these crimes vs. the gun control aspect, we need to be consistent and look at the state of mental health services funding....IIRC funding for treatment and intervention has been subject to quite a bit of debate at the state and federal level.

We can’t say it’s about mental health and then support leaders who submit budgets that gut funding for that very thing.

I haven’t run the numbers but I’m sure someone has.

Latest posts

Top Bottom