Texas vs. WVU thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If UT would have made one HALF of the tackles they missed they would have smacked WV down hard.
I think tackling in the Big 12 may be almost a forgotten skill. But receiver and running back coaches probably look pretty hard at the yards after first contact stat.
No one sems to "wrap up" these days. Just run in to the ball carrier and knock him down.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is very little defense in these games. I haven't seen a team this year in the Big 12 that can keep up with a top SEC team. SEC teams play defense, I never bought in to the SEC is the best conference crap until the last couple of years.
WVU lost to LSU last year because of forced turnovers caused by LSU, but I believe they put over 550 yds of offence on them. WVU lost a lot of defensive players last year and have a bunch of new ones this year and it shows.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why the games are so boring. Big 12 is so much better entertainment and isn't that what sports are all about? (From the viewer's perspective anyway.)

It might be better entertainment for some, but I like to see good quality football. Meaning defense's that don't give up a touchdown on every drive and constantly give up big plays. A good defense is always fun to watch, defense is by far the harder side of the ball. The offense knows every play and where the ball is going. It's the defenses job to stop them from doing what they want and force their will instead. The offense always gets the credit because they have the flashy quarterback, running back, wide receivers. I would take a great DB over a great WR all day. That's just me though.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Texas had their chance. Wvu give them the whole ballgame and all ut had to do was punch it in from the five yard line. Then the center threw it over ash's head. Looked like mack was gonna cry at the end.

Latest posts

Top Bottom