The Big XII & OSU & OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not real sure about Texas but I don't see them staying down for very long.
I would say they'll be down as long as Mack Brown is in charge, but Texas has never been able to do as much as they should with that huge talent pool between the Red and Rio Grande. With the exception of when they were coached by one of our alumni (Darrell Royal), they're really been best at squandering what they have.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think A&M's success in the SEC proves the strength of the Big12.
I wouldn't go that far, but I think it's ironic that A&M cutting and running killed their best chance for a national championship in the modern era--nobody in the Big 12 would've beaten them last year, and we already know they were capable of beating Alabama, having done it in Tuscaloosa...

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think OU is a big reason the Big XII doesn't get credit for anything anymore. From the early 2000's right on to 2008-2009 the Big XII constantly had several teams in the top 10, but with all of the big game choking OU did the media got tired of giving them credit for just being OU. For the longest time if you won the Big XII you were pretty much guaranteed a spot in the NC(OU even got into a NC by losing the Big XII championship). Now the media doesn't care one way or the other what happens in the Big XII.

I hate to say it but you hit the nail on the head. The pool of talent coming through Norman has been inadequate along with some questionable coaching. The way OU can execute a masterful choke job is downright uncanny. When they won the NC the program rode the wave and now it has died out. You have to always stay hungry and I dont feel the program did that.

smax

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the Big XII hasn't made a move to get more teams because the folks in the know know that big change is coming for all of college football with the talks of Division 4. I am hoping this all goes through.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the Big XII hasn't made a move to get more teams because the folks in the know know that big change is coming for all of college football with the talks of Division 4. I am hoping this all goes through.

Can you elaborate? I don't follow football outside of that season and never listen to talk radio. Interested to know more.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i53.photobucket.com_albums_g46_jckellison_27FEDD47_E302_49DE_A2feef453b252e739f904610aeea728ac.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rams (Bradford) & Browns (Weeden) are kicking off the preseason tonight. So far looking like the ex-Poke is taking it to the ex-Sooner.
Eh, take away that punt return, and it's a 3-point game. The halftime offensive stats are pretty much even; passing yards are 7 yards apart, or thereabouts.

Looks like a pretty typical first pre-season game.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will be a record year on the low numbers of OU & OSU shirts Ill see being wore around since neither will be in contention for anything worth a crap.

I'm biased to neither and it's a new adventure everyday listening and reading what OU/OSU fans have to say.

And just to clear the air, Im a Ohio State fan, and I think they are ranked way to high, schedules very weak, and would get smashed against the other Top5 teams.

That being said, the Big12 is weak, no way around it. Also OU/OSU would get killed against Bama or Oregon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom