The Mid-Term Election thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
right, which was purely coincindental. it seemded to me you were at the least, alluding to the fact that he was somehow responsible for it.

Not at all. If anything I alluded to him being president during a booming economy while lil George was President when the economy went bust.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you wanted to see panties in a wad you should have watched msnbc last night. It was funny and sad at the same time. So much name calling for a so called news channel. And their 'advice' to Senate republicans was even funnier, like Matthews suggesting that what congress should do first is pass amnesty.

I have been catching the media highlights today. Very funny reaction when the GOP took the governorship of Obama's home state.

How could that be Rick?
We keep hearing from libs that she is too dumb.

Yea I know, but then they think Clinton did a good job as president and that Republicans are why nothing has been done the last 6 years.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clinton did a decent job of reaching across the aisle and working with a republican controlled congress to get things done(he didn't have much choice if getting things done was his agenda). Will Obama do the same? I doubt it, but he could prove me wrong. He has no Harry Reid to hide behind now, the bills will get to his desk and what he does from there will likely have a big decision on which party is sitting in that seat in 2016.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Clinton did a decent job of reaching across the aisle and working with a republican controlled congress to get things done(he didn't have much choice if getting things done was his agenda). Will Obama do the same? I doubt it, but he could prove me wrong. He has no Harry Reid to hide behind now, the bills will get to his desk and what he does from there will likely have a big decision on which party is sitting in that seat in 2016.

That's how Clinton reached across the aisle. Again the threat of veto causes politicians to negotiate. Obama has vetoed like 2 things in 6 years. I bet the next 2 years will be different.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clinton had no choice but to work with the Republican controlled congress or spend the rest of his term as a lame duck. Same is going to happen with Obama but I do not think he is smart or honest enough to realize it.

For those that claimed the GOP dead, outside of taking control of the Senate and the largest number of GOP house members since the 1920s, there is this little gem

Next year, 32 states will have Republican governors; only 18 will be governed by Democrats. And Republicans will probably control a stunning 65 of the nation’s 98 partisan legislative chambers, almost exactly double the Democrats’ 33 chambers.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with you Rick but this self centered POS who thinks he is God will not do that. He will do everything in his power to create as much diversity as possible. I would not put **** passed him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom