The Walking Dead....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't you know???
ALL of their TV ammo is interchangeable between calibers, rifles, and pistols. Only seen folks check mags for capacity a couple times, and they NEVER seem to have to slide that first round of the mag to chamber it....What "magic" !!!!!

Still enjoy watching it all, though....that's for sure...

Agreed. I enjoy the show and am perfectly fine admitting to buy-in on most of the characters. I still think it's pretty well written and being able to follow three story lines at one (soon to be four) is challenging an fun. Heck, it's TV. If we start applying "real world" laws to televisions shows they ALL fall apart.

My family has even started watching the Talking Dead show afterwards. I enjoy hearing from the actors (usually), directors and writers. Though I think they could do without most of the "third seat" people that they have on the couch.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you guys talking about this since 2012 and you can remember peoples names very well.

I have the hardest time remembering names..even my sisters kids names .
I can remember numbers though. I am all about the numbers.

Literature class sucked for me.. what did so and so do in the book you just read.. words in one ear out the other.

I think it boils down to useless information does not stick in my head very well.

I have been watching it on netflix .. this new season I must wait for. I do not have cable TV.
It is a fun show to watch.
Xena and the show Hercules was fun also.
a few others .. but after awhile they get old.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have watched the show since it started. I actually quit watching it this season. I am tired of it. It's the same old crap that happens over and over. It's just not as entertaining as it used to be. It's like the writers care more about gore and filth than they do about a quality script. I can handle main characters dying. What I can't handle is the same old story lines being repeatedly used. It's always the same. Ricks bunch runs into a group of bad guys that are always tougher and smarter. And never really ever have problems with the dead. And they always have an amazing arsenal. Then rick and company finally kill them all and things get back to being "good" again. Then the same thing happens again. And again, and again. This Negan nonsense is basically the governor story line that they have beefed up. I know it's just a show but give me a break. One man ain't gonna have that kind of power. Especially in that kind of world. And he don't even have a gun. It's just ignorant and that's why I stopped watching it. I am actually very entertained by FTWD. To me it is way better than TWD.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have watched the show since it started. I actually quit watching it this season. I am tired of it. It's the same old crap that happens over and over. It's just not as entertaining as it used to be. It's like the writers care more about gore and filth than they do about a quality script. I can handle main characters dying. What I can't handle is the same old story lines being repeatedly used. It's always the same. Ricks bunch runs into a group of bad guys that are always tougher and smarter. And never really ever have problems with the dead. And they always have an amazing arsenal. Then rick and company finally kill them all and things get back to being "good" again. Then the same thing happens again. And again, and again. This Negan nonsense is basically the governor story line that they have beefed up. I know it's just a show but give me a break. One man ain't gonna have that kind of power. Especially in that kind of world. And he don't even have a gun. It's just ignorant and that's why I stopped watching it. I am actually very entertained by FTWD. To me it is way better than TWD.

That's exactly what I told my wife when she started talking about the season starting.
I found the clip on YouTube where Glen and redneck got their heads bashed in, and that's all I cared to see.
Haven't watched a other minute of it since.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The splintering of the story line seems to be a big problem for a lot of people. There are just too many things to keep track of, especially when the "season" is only a few months long and there are large gaps of time waiting for the next "season" to start. At this point, there are so many things going on that they can barely spend two episodes on one sub group of the main group. Then, last night, they added yet ANOTHER sub group? Then they wonder why their ratings are dropping. Yep. Dropping. They said they're back at the same level as season three.

At this point, the multiple story lines, references to dead-and-gone characters, main characters allowed to drift in and out of the varied story lines - it would be all but impossible to pick up new viewership. They say dramas rarely last 7 seasons for the same reason. in order to keep the veteran viewers interested, things have to get interesting. to get new viewers, there has to be enough meat in the episodes that they don't require a marathon of back season watching to hook them. it's an impossible task to do both so they desperately try to compromise. Neither sets of viewers are happy, the show dies.

I just hope Neegan gets his beat down before the show goes off the air. Something tells me they're going to make viewers "wait" until next season to see that. Once that happens and all is right with the world again viewership is gonna tank totally.

Our attention has been drawn towards Westworld, but it's even getting waaay out there with splintered story lines. I hope the finale answers a few questions.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of words available in my vocabulary today to describe horse-pucky that aired on Sunday night. As aviator41 has nearly perfectly-described, the show is just getting "ridiculous". I would have to say that adding "Oceanside" as a new audience distractor and Savior-clan victim is really, really making it wearying just to watch.
I've never been much of a "wait and HOPE it will get better viewer".....and this latest bizarre twist by a "guest writer" is just too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom