They F!@#$ed that Pedophile up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone broke into my home and I accidentally left my toothbrush and razor out of my gun safe should I feel responsible if a violent crime was committed with my toothbrush?

You maybe responsible. Since you're new I suggest you hang out for awhile, many things will be revealed to you.
For now lock down Everything!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You maybe responsible. Since you're new I suggest you hang out for awhile, many things will be revealed to you.
For now lock down Everything!

Truth. And remember that every criminal out there needs our understanding. It's not his fault. Ever. If only the world hadn't been so mean to him when he was little he wouldn't be doing the bad things he does now. He just needs more chances ...

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll add to it. The perv got what he deserved.

If we (civil society) want to have child molestors (or rapists, or murderers, or drug dealers or any other criminals for that matter) suffer the death penalty, fine, that is one debate. The real issue is - isn't it our responsibility to have the moral courage to implement and execute (no pun intended) the policy deliberately and not to be squeamish about getting our collective hands dirty and then leave it to unlawful, violent and capricious men and their actions?

I know that if a particularly distasteful criminal is killed in prison we tend to say "He deserved it", and perhaps he did, but we - society - did not win, we lost because of how we let it happen. That is my point. Frankly, its the second time I've made it in this thread so I guess I have reached a point of diminishing returns. Overall good discussion though.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we (civil society) want to have child molestors (or rapists, or murderers, or drug dealers or any other criminals for that matter) suffer the death penalty, fine, that is one debate. The real issue is - isn't it our responsibility to have the moral courage to implement and execute (no pun intended) the policy deliberately and not to be squeamish about getting our collective hands dirty and then leave it to unlawful, violent and capricious men and their actions?

I know that if a particularly distasteful criminal is killed in prison we tend to say "He deserved it", and perhaps he did, but we - society - did not win, we lost because of how we let it happen. That is my point. Frankly, its the second time I've made it in this thread so I guess I have reached a point of diminishing returns. Overall good discussion though.

Not! Fact is this: this story is several years old, across the water, happened to a pedophile, in a prison, where there are bad people, because he couldn't keep his mouth shut and they were fricking crazier than he was. Who gives a ****?

If you want to take the blame for "society" "letting it happen" and feel like you left it to "unlawful, violent and capricious men and their actions" - go for it. You can do that.
But, don't include me in all your "we" and "our" finger-pointing. I'm not part of that society.
Just because I don't lose any sleep over stories like this certainly doesn't mean I "let it happen."
One eventually reaps what they sow - and this guy definitely got his. He was the only winner/loser of it all.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at this more of discussion of principle not that particular case - which is why I mentioned other possible death penalty cases - aren't you a part of society? Even if "our" society isn't doing what you (or I) want it is still our common society, aren't penalties for crimes best inflicted by that society (through courts, etc) rather that randomly by men who have no particular link or maybe even interest in the larger society or justice?
The small picture of this particular case just spurred a larger discussion of the whole topic about two pages ago.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not! Fact is this: this story is several years old, across the water, happened to a pedophile, in a prison, where there are bad people, because he couldn't keep his mouth shut and they were fricking crazier than he was. Who gives a ****?

If you want to take the blame for "society" "letting it happen" and feel like you left it to "unlawful, violent and capricious men and their actions" - go for it. You can do that.
But, don't include me in all your "we" and "our" finger-pointing. I'm not part of that society.
Just because I don't lose any sleep over stories like this certainly doesn't mean I "let it happen."
One eventually reaps what they sow - and this guy definitely got his. He was the only winner/loser of it all.

I tend to lean this way also. There is pitiful little in today's society that I have any hand in at all. According to the pundits, and what I read here on OSA, it's probably better that way because I guess I'm not "civilized" enough, or I'm too small-minded, for today's society. To each their own, I guess ...

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to lean this way also. There is pitiful little in today's society that I have any hand in at all. According to the pundits, and what I read here on OSA, it's probably better that way because I guess I'm not "civilized" enough, or I'm too small-minded, for today's society. To each their own, I guess ...

Many things happen at any given time that you or I don't like, and probably couldn't influence. However, the hope is still that we can do better - individually or as a group. I'm not sure if I am a "pundit" as you mention above - I'm not judging anyone as to whether he did enough, not at all. Just saying that when we see something that's wrong - one might at least recognize it and try (within one's span of control) to maximize the good and minimize the bad.
I served for 24 years as a military officer and it was wisely drilled into me, by better men than me, that it wasn't so much if you were perfect on the first try as it was recognzing that you/we/I can always improve and that one should always strive for that and not "settle".

That applies in this (or any) case of "jailhouse justice" by saying "it isn't right" and it just exposes that maybe we can work toward better ways to impose just sentences rather than being wishy-washy and then hoping some thug does our work for us with a shiv. Not a judgement on anyone just some thoughts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom