Thick & Creamy New England Clam Chowder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! I'm very glad that everyone enjoyed this recipe so much. I think my next batch is going to be a Seafood Chowder. I intend on cutting back on the clams and adding small scallops and popcorn shrimp. If anyone else tries that, let me know.

I thought about putting crawfish in it. :anyone:

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found it delicious..!

However, I posted the recipe along with a pic on one of the hunting forums I visit. It is also frequented by some NE coast purists.....!

You cannot believe the beating I took,...you'd have thought I was stomping on puppies.

"Canned soup",..."Canned clams",..."Cream cheese".....:hellno:....it was pretty brutal. I tried explaining that fresh Oklahoma clams are few and far between, but it didn't help much.

Anyhow, if you post the recipe around any purists, be ready for the flames.

I enjoyed it though..

But you know, if you served this to those same "purists" without telling them, they would probably think differently. I'm sure there are some people that have a clam palete that is so delicate that they find canned clams reprehensive, but I'm not one of them.

Braggs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I made this last night for our family. My wife liked it and she hasn't ever liked any clam chowder before. I thought it was great too. It was very chunky (what with 4 cans of clams, 7 strips of bacon, and 7 potatoes), very thick, and creamy just as the name claimed.

Thanks for a winning recipe!

Braggs

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took leftovers to work for my lunch today. When I took my bowl from the microwave in the breakroom, I saw heads up and noses in the air like a kennel full of bird dogs...

Maybe people looked because there are something you justs don't reheat at work, including seafood, broccoli, and asparagus?

I love all three of those, but they just don't smell right if you aren't the one eating them

:puke:

Latest posts

Top Bottom