Things you do because you are tight!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is nothing that gives me more satisfaction than having something go wrong and I know I can fix it if I have the right tool. And I go buy that tool and repair the broken object for a fraction of the cost of a repairman and years later I still have that tool and have used it many times.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well, I lived litterly 1 bloc from where I worked so I walked to work every day for 25 years.
The amount of money I saved on vehicle wear and tear, gas etc was stupendous.
Down side I replaced a lot of shoe soles........but not the shoes.
It goes without saying I have been reloading pistol bulletts for decades and cast a lot of bulletts.
Little trick I have learde, on rough roads near stop signs(waffle board) get out and look for wheel weights. Be surprised
what you will find.
Decades ago when still a kid I was working a convenienc store cash register when a real old timer came in from the nurseing home
across the street. He wanted a carton of Lucky strike no filter.
He plopped down a $20 double eagle and told me kid your stupid if you put that in the till..........Gave him is change and placed a 20 paper currency
in the till...............I still have the double eagle...............

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
drove 35 mins today and look at a car today at the dealership ( 2015 Lexus LS 460 crafted line edition with 16,500 miles) end up not buying it,because one thousand dollars price disagreement ( my wife told me I am too cheap :) and tomorrow I will drive 3 hours to look at the other one, that one has $6000 lower asking price but 25,xxx miles.
BTW. Texas honors Oklahoma CHL, right?

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does this count?
When this Summer got to hot to mow, and I refuse to hire a landscaping company to do my smallish yard. Then I spent a couple of weekends build a remote control lawnmower.

IMG_1957.PNG
IMG_1960.PNG
IMG_1958.PNG

Latest posts

Top Bottom