Thousands of Liberals Asked About Biggest "A-Ha" of Lives; Top Responses: "LSD," "Pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

People are liberal just because they are on Reddit? "Conservatives" making bad assumptions and portraying them as "statistics" once again...

Just maybe.....

......its not that they are Reddit participants but dopers?

Would I be wrong to assume that there just might be more liberals doing dope and stealing copyrighted material than what conservatives would do? The way I read it was that Reddit was merely the "pipeline" from which the "material" flowed. I don't know that any one "medium" has a propensity for liberals more so than conservatives, but then again, I'm not on any of the social media sites.

FlimFlam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just maybe.....

......its not that they are Reddit participants but dopers?

Would I be wrong to assume that there just might be more liberals doing dope and stealing copyrighted material than what conservatives would do? The way I read it was that Reddit was merely the "pipeline" from which the "material" flowed. I don't know that any one "medium" has a propensity for liberals more so than conservatives, but then again, I'm not on any of the social media sites.

Do you have stats to prove liberals are doing more dope and stealing more copyrighted material? I'd really like to see it.

Because the real problem that I am having is that the article was in no way statistical and merely conformed to many conservative's expectations. It's not as if every post had their political affiliation next to it. There's probably many posters who don't care about politics. Some of us expect more from a site whose banner quotes Thomas Jefferson, stating, "Truth can stand by itself".

By the way, Forums like this one are social media.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll agree that liberals probably outnumber conservatives on Reddit, but there are still plenty of Constitution, freedom supporting liberals out there who think the current debates are beyond ridiculous, and not just because it'll cost them votes.

Also, I think the term "stealing" was used a little loosely there. Technically, it is stealing, but they make it out like they're stealing cars.

michaelnc4444

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read a ton of **** on Reddit. It can be an exceptionally annoying site. However, there is a shitton of funny, interesting, and cool stuff there too. There is a HUGE propensity toward Liberalism on that site, but I enjoy "spirited" debate with those people. Also, I find it terribly important to attempt to understand my enemy. I know my own viewpoint, I live it everyday, I don't need to watch a news program that confirms it to me. What I need to do is read more about what the crazies are trying to impress on my liberties today. Plus, they do have a decent sized contingency of Libertarians, with whom I find I am most agreeable.

So, though Reddit does have a heavy Liberal lean, it is tough to cast the entire site as a bunch of dirty hippies.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

People are liberal just because they are on Reddit? "Conservatives" making bad assumptions and portraying them as "statistics" once again...

Nice try, comrade; 95% of people on Reddit are liberals. But you knew that. Please go back to Democratic Underground and take your lies, half-truths, distortions and sophistry with you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom