Time to boycott Anheuser Busch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im going to go ahead and stick my neck out on this one but I have only had crap beer (ie bud, keystone and busch), how much would a case of that stuff cost?

I'm not sure on the cost of the flying dog, but I've found that most 6% GOOD beers found at the liquor store, cost around $2/each ie $12/6 pack. Well worth it when you consider you're getting roughly the same alcohol content as a 12 pack of crap beer and at almost the same cost. In other words, a 6 pack of good beer = a 12 pack of crap beer in price and alcohol level.

I'm a huge fan of hefeweizen's. I haven't found one I don't like yet. My favorite being hoegaarden. What's funny is, I used to hate beer. I just drank liquor. Then a buddy of mine and I decided to buy a different 6-pack each at the liquor store every weekend and that changed my life forever! (or at least my drinking habits, not to mention my gut size) That definitely opened my eyes to all the good beers that exist. Now I've become a seasonal guy. Porters and stouts in the winter, some hard ciders in the fall, an IPA in spring time, and good ol hefeweizen's just about any time.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Boycott the government that steals a portion of your property each payday and uses it against you as it grows larger and larger... and your freedom grows smaller and smaller...

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
beerandamovie.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_flying_dog_raging_bitch_ipa.jpeg

Got an Email back from Flying Dog:
Thanks so much for your interest in Flying Dog. Raging ***** was a bit of an issue for us last year. We did not get nearly enough hops from our hop farmer to keep up with production demands, so we had to limit the markets that were able to receive Raging ***** last year. Unfortunately, Oklahoma was a market that was not able to get Raging *****. The good news is, that we got our full hop contract this year and have re-opened Raging ***** to the whole country. At this time, our distributor in Oklahoma has not brought it back in to their portfolio just yet. I have reached out to them per your inquiry to see if they have any plans to bring it back. As soon as I hear from them, I will let you know if there is any chance of it being available in your area anytime soon. The only other state near by that carries it at the moment is TX. Currently we actually do not ship beer at all to any of the other surrounding states. Sorry I don’t have better news for you! When I hear something back from our distributor in your area. I will follow up

Cheers.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got an Email back from Flying Dog:
Thanks so much for your interest in Flying Dog. Raging ***** was a bit of an issue for us last year. We did not get nearly enough hops from our hop farmer to keep up with production demands, so we had to limit the markets that were able to receive Raging ***** last year. Unfortunately, Oklahoma was a market that was not able to get Raging *****. The good news is, that we got our full hop contract this year and have re-opened Raging ***** to the whole country. At this time, our distributor in Oklahoma has not brought it back in to their portfolio just yet. I have reached out to them per your inquiry to see if they have any plans to bring it back. As soon as I hear from them, I will let you know if there is any chance of it being available in your area anytime soon. The only other state near by that carries it at the moment is TX. Currently we actually do not ship beer at all to any of the other surrounding states. Sorry I don’t have better news for you! When I hear something back from our distributor in your area. I will follow up

Cheers.

That's awesome man. The fact that I can't get it makes me want it more. On a sidenote, have you ever had Yuengling? It's the oldest brewer in the U.S. but they have a stupid rule where the won't ship past the Mississippi River, so you can only get it on the east coast. I heard Mustang (Oklahoma brewer) worked a deal or somehow got the recipe for the original Yuengling lager and are supposed to be producing it. I've only had it a few times when I'm out east and I really like it for an "everyday" beer. Again, I might like it more because I can't get it. I'll see if I can find out more.

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_yuengling_zpsa5e4e672.jpg

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's awesome man. The fact that I can't get it makes me want it more. On a sidenote, have you ever had Yuengling? It's the oldest brewer in the U.S. but they have a stupid rule where the won't ship past the Mississippi River, so you can only get it on the east coast. I heard Mustang (Oklahoma brewer) worked a deal or somehow got the recipe for the original Yuengling lager and are supposed to be producing it. I've only had it a few times when I'm out east and I really like it for an "everyday" beer. Again, I might like it more because I can't get it. I'll see if I can find out more.

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_yuengling_zpsa5e4e672.jpg

never even heard of it, but you know I've never really found a beer that I wouldn't drink.

dugsok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/376098/3/KSDK-Exclusive-Adolphus-Busch-IV-resigns-NRA-membership-

ST. LOUIS (KSDK) - One day after the U.S. Senate rejected a bill that would have expanded background checks on guns, one of St. Louis' most powerful and staunch supporters of gun rights ended his lifetime membership with the National Rifle Association (NRA).

In an email sent exclusively to NewsChannel 5's Leisa Zigman, Adolphus Busch IV, an heir to the Busch family fortune, asked the gun rights group to "immediately" remove his name from its membership roles.

An avid environmentalist and hunter, guns have been a part of Busch's life since he was a child.

"It's something you never forget being able to be in the outdoors with your father," Busch said in a 2005 interview with KSDK.

Busch, whose great-grandfather founded Anheuser-Busch, made clear his position on guns and the people who legally use them.

"Hunters put back everything they take out and more," he said at the time.

Now, the man who joined the NRA in 1975 is cutting ties.

In a letter addressed to NRA President David Keene, Busch writes, "It disturbs me greatly to see this rigid new direction of the NRA."

"...One only has to ask why the NRA reversed its original position on background checks. Was it not the NRA position to support background checks when Mr. LaPierre himself stated in 1999 that NRA saw checks as 'reasonable'?"

"...I fail to see how the NRA can disregard the overwhelming will of its members who see background checks as reasonable," Busch writes.

On its website, the NRA fiercely opposed the Senate background check legislation, calling the amendment "misguided." It's clear from Busch's email he does not agree.

"I am simply unable to comprehend how assault weapons and large capacity magazines have a role in your vision," he said. "The NRA I see today has undermined the values upon which it was established. Your current strategic focus clearly places priority on the needs of gun and ammunition manufacturers while disregarding the opinions of your 4 million individual members."

"One only has to look at the makeup of the 75-member board of directors, dominated by manufacturing interests, to confirm my point. The NRA appears to have evolved into the lobby for gun and ammunition manufacturers rather than gun owners."

NewsChannel 5 attempted to get comment from David Keene regarding Busch's letter, but we were told that he has yet to receive the letter and will not comment until he reads it.

They are a Germany company now so what is the deal ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom