Time to boycott Goodyear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh and if I was a race car driver required to run Goodyear tires, I would have the Goodyear lettering stained blue.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y’all have fun with your cancel culture party.

Maybe we can kill a few more iconic American companies while you’re at it....based on internet memes and decoding walk backs that aren’t.

When are you heading down to Lawton to picket the plant and tell those folks to find new jobs?

Seriously, how do you think we can fight back? You said define what we're fighting against, I think that's obvious, but I know it's good to make clear and simple statements. So; fighting against corporate support for what a lot of us see as false justice....?
How would you define it?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goodyear Responds After Giving Employees Anti-Blue Lives Matter Training

upload_2020-8-20_11-3-36-png.171856

I predict a lot of Good Year flats in the future.

Akron, OH – Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is standing by their anti-Blue Lives Matter diversity training materials that announced zero tolerance for employees who support the phrase “Blue Lives Matter.”

A Goodyear employee in Topeka, Kansas shared a slide from the company’s new diversity training that showed the company labeled the terms “Blue Lives Matter” and “All Lives Matter” unacceptable, while endorsing “Black Lives Matter.”

The slide that was shared to social media by an employee showed lists of what is, and what is not, considered acceptable messaging under the Goodyear “Zero Tolerance” policy, WIBW reported.

The list of “Acceptable” included “Black Lives Matter” and “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride (LGBT).”

The list of “Unacceptable” included “Blue Lives Matter,” “All Lives Matter,” “MAGA Attire,” and “Political Affiliated Slogans or Materials,” WIBW reported.

The employee who posted the slide said the diversity training materials originated in the company’s headquarters in Akron, Ohio.

The Police Tribune reached out to Goodyear for comment and the tire company responded on Tuesday evening by defending their training materials.

“Goodyear is committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful workplace where all of our associates can do their best in a spirit of teamwork,” Goodyear spokeswoman Melissa Monaco wrote in an email.

“As part of this commitment, we do allow our associates to express their support on racial injustice and other equity issues but ask that they refrain from workplace expressions, verbal or otherwise, in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party as well as other similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of equity issues,” Monaco wrote.

Goodyear’s stance doesn’t address that Black Lives Matter is a political organization and pushes for changes which are often unrelated to equity issues, including defunding law enforcement.

“As a supplier of tires to police, fire, and other law enforcement departments across the U.S., Goodyear remains steadfastly in support of federal, state and local law enforcement,” the Goodyear statement continued. “We value our partnerships with law enforcement around the country, appreciate the work they do on behalf of our shared communities, and look forward to continuing those relationships for years to come.”

Police officers and supporters said they felt the statement from one of the nation’s largest tire companies was tone-deaf given the recent anti-police sentiment rolling across the country.

An active-duty police officer from New York asked. “Doesn’t my life matter?”

A lifelong Goodyear tire customer in Florida told The Police Tribune she will “never buy another Goodyear-brand anything.”

“I don’t want to hear any anti-police sentiment or politics from a company that is making a ton of money off the tires police are wearing out trying to protect my community,” she said. “My tax dollars help pay for those tires and I don’t think Goodyear should benefit any more from that, given their blatant lack of support for law enforcement.”

The employee who shared the diversity training materials felt the diversity training was very one-sided, too.

“If someone wants to wear a BLM shirt in here, then cool. I’m not going to get offended about it,” the employee told WIBW. “But at the same time, if someone’s not going to be able to wear something that is politically-based, even in the farthest stretch of the imagination, that’s discriminatory.”

The employee asked to remain anonymous out of fear they would be terminated for releasing the controversial corporate materials to the public.

“If we’re talking about equality, then it needs to be equality. If not, it’s discrimination,” the employee added, explaining his objection to the training materials.

.........I accidentally posted this in another thread........

Yes it was an article in a law enforcement website for news.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read this very closely with this in mind. Large corporations like this generally DON'T manufacture or produce their training materials. Instead they have outside consulting firms do it. Often they have those same firms do the training itself too. Also notice the "longstanding policy" of discouraging politics but NOT "racial justice and equity issues".

This is from a LEO page that posted it. From the sounds of it GY is going to lose a bunch of LE sales as well they should. This is major league wordsmithing and their "walkback"? Well, they have a lot more walking to do...

The best way to read between the lines here, is to simply ask Goodyear corporate why they haven't denounced the photo as a fake made up to damage their company? Because I really don't care what they say to save their profit margins, I care that either they did or didn't have THAT slide posted in one or all of their facilities? Because one thing they're not doing is calling it a flat out lie, and the other thing they're not doing is telling us the slide is both incorrect, inexcusable and has been eliminated with prejudice. They're telling us "You've mistaken what you saw for what we actually meant, which isn't a controversial thing the way the thing you saw is."

#ChangeMyMind

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously, how do you think we can fight back? You said define what we're fighting against, I think that's obvious, but I know it's good to make clear and simple statements. So; fighting against corporate support for what a lot of us see as false justice....?
How would you define it?

LOL, they don't want you to fight back. They want you to suck it up and accept it. That this is good for you and you deserve it, and if you disagree you're a neanderthal whose time is up.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“As a supplier of tires to police, fire, and other law enforcement departments across the U.S., Goodyear remains steadfastly in support of federal, state and local law enforcement,” the Goodyear statement continued. “We value our partnerships with law enforcement around the country, appreciate the work they do on behalf of our sharedcommunities, and look forward to continuing those relationships for years to come.”

I’m sure they do as long as their sales continue.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw that right off. So isn't BLM (the organization, not the movement) actually political (admitted Marxist)?

Yes and to us it’s one in the same. But to certain audiences definitions of certain terms and words is dependent on your position and works only one way (IE. they can twist the truth but an opponent can’t).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom