Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I've decided to get rid of three cameras I used for the first time this year and switch to Tactacam.

I may still use some of the SpyPoints scattered around, but they won't necessarily be my main cameras.
If you do, Walmart on danforth has the Tactacam SD cards marked down to $6. They are normally $20

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you do, Walmart on danforth has the Tactacam SD cards marked down to $6. They are normally $20
Thanks. I've had pretty good luck some of the generic high speed SD cards from Amazon with the two Tactacams I used this last season, but I don't think they're that cheap.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've had pretty good luck some of the generic high speed SD cards from Amazon with the two Tactacams I used this last season, but I don't think they're that cheap.
We run 4 of them so we’ve had a couple minor issues. Support told us we had issues because we weren’t using their branded cards. That solved the issue. It was unfortunate because I have TONS of cards that have gathered from the years.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We run 4 of them so we’ve had a couple minor issues. Support told us we had issues because we weren’t using their branded cards. That solved the issue. It was unfortunate because I have TONS of cards that have gathered from the years.
Interesting. Thankfully, I haven't had any issues with them.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t think all SD cards are necessarily of equal quality, but I call BS on Tactacam requiring a proprietary card. However, I went ahead and bought theirs for my camera. :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think they are proprietary. From their website:
REVEAL cameras require specific read and write speeds to handle HD recordings. Many SD cards on the market may have the required memory size (32GB) for your use but often lack the performance requirements to store files properly.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think all SD cards are necessarily of equal quality, but I call BS on Tactacam requiring a proprietary card. However, I went ahead and bought theirs for my camera. :anyone:

I don’t think they are proprietary. From their website:
REVEAL cameras require specific read and write speeds to handle HD recordings. Many SD cards on the market may have the required memory size (32GB) for your use but often lack the performance requirements to store files properly.
I originally bought a card from Office Depot that had the same perimeters as theirs. It worked for a few months and then stopped sending pics. Changed cards and it worked

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is what is being referred to - video speed. I had to use V10 several years back for videos on my digital camera.

The latest Video Speed Class was created to enable higher video resolution and recording features such as multiple video streams, 360-degree capture, VR content, and 4K or 8K resolution videos. They’re usually denoted with the “V” symbol. There are five ratings for the Video Speed Class:

• V6 (Video Speed Class 6): minimum write speed of 6MB/s
  • V10 (Video Speed Class 10): minimum write speed of 10MB/s
  • V30 (Video Speed Class 30): minimum write speed of 30MB/s
  • V60 (Video Speed Class 60): minimum write speed of 60MB/s
  • V90 (Video Speed Class 90): minimum write speed of 90MB/s
The Video Speed Class is unique because it’s capable of utilizing both the UHS-I and UHS-II bus interfaces. V6 to V90 speed class memory cards can use the UHS-II bus interface, but the UHS-I bus interface can only support V6 to V30 speed class memory cards.

The Video Speed Class offers the fastest speeds available and is ideal for ultra-high-resolution videos, high-quality videos and multi-file recording in drones and 360-degree cameras. It supports HD formats up to 8K video in drones, 360-degree cameras, action cams and VR cameras.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we're on the topic of cellular cameras, anyone have experience with the Cuddeback Cuddelink series? We've got 6 that just need to be setup(no easy feat). They aren't cheap but if we can 'daisy chain' up to 24 and on one phone plan for $10/month it'd be worth it.

WHAT IS CUDDELINK​

Not Wi-Fi, not cellular, CuddeLink is a private wireless network where up to 23 cameras send their images to a central home device. Camera-to-camera range is typically ¼ mile in a forest and increases as terrain opens. To further increase range CuddeLink cameras daisy-chain from camera to camera to transmit images 2 miles or more. With CuddeLink you can collect images on a single SD card or have them delivered to you via LTE.

Latest posts

Top Bottom