Triple 7 Expedition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guys at BRCC are supporting the 777 Expedition to benefit Folds of Honor where nine veterans will be making 7 jumps on 7 continents in 7 days (thus the 777 Expedition). Andy Stumpf is chronicling it on his Cleared Hot podcast.

Here's the backgrounder on the expedition:

The Expedition Kickoff:

...and here's Andy's chronicle of the first jump, in Antarctica.

"Giddyup, the clock is running."

And, in case you're not a subscriber to his podcast, here's the kickoff episode with all of the jumpers:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a really cool feat to pull off. The logistics challenge alone is HUGE.
Yeah, that’s one thing Andy has repeatedly mentioned on his podcast. They weren’t getting anywhere with the airlines in getting this thing going until a nice lady (he has repeatedly mentioned her name, but it escapes me) at one of them took it upon herself to coordinate it. Andy said they weren’t getting any help at all from the service reps at the airline until they talked to her.

Her husband is a Navy veteran, and she thought it a worthy cause, so she asked her boss if she could work on it. The boss told her she could work on it on her own time, so that’s what she’s been doing. I can’t say much for the airline itself, but they apparently have at least one good person working for them.

ETA: Mentioning support personnel is not new for Andy. Many times when he talks about what he did as a SEAL, he goes out of his way to point out that the door kickers are just the very pointy tip of a really long spear, and they wouldn’t be able to do what they do without all the support personnel, intelligence analysts, and so forth.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ETA: Mentioning support personnel is not new for Andy. Many times when he talks about what he did as a SEAL, he goes out of his way to point out that the door kickers are just the very pointy tip of a really long spear, and they wouldn’t be able to do what they do without all the support personnel, intelligence analysts, and so forth.
The absolute best leaders I have ever encountered in my life all have that philosophy in common and it is one that I try the hardest to emulate.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No updates yet on Barcelona, but that was expected to be the toughest logistical nut to crack. Basically, they had minutes, not hours of leeway, so I'm guessing that Andy won't be able to update 'til they're done in Cairo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom