Tulsa's QT sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really? Ive not run into that at any Tulsa QT. However, I've stopped driving rideshare so I don't know if any of the stores I used to frequent have had to do that. The ones in BA still have the roller grills out in the open.

I swear, it's like QT (or maybe the City of Tulsa) assigns one or two homeless people to each and every QT!

At least some blame can be laid at the feet of the government, in the form of gas and other taxes.
Only have to drive to muskogee to see it 30 cents a gallon cheaper. I think the additional gas markup in Tulsa is to cover what the bums steal. Afterall somebody has to pay for it.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Last time I was at the Tulsa 11th & Utica QT the parking lot had no less than 20 junkies hanging around. One harassed me for money going into the store and cussed me for not giving him money. He approached me again ranting as I was unlocking the truck to leave and I half drew my 1911 and I said " leave me alone or get shot" he stumbled off cussing threats.
Guy parked next to me said, " I offered to shoot him too, he might hit the bullet lottery today at the rate he is going"
I'm surprised that QT's management puts up with that crap. They need to just call the police.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The QTs in Tulsa control the largest percentage of gasoline sales than any other city they are in. They set the market retail price. I studied their patterns for many years. They would randomly jack the price up 10 cents every couple of weeks, then it would trickle down a penny every day or two until it was time to jump it back up a dime. For several years it would happen every other Thursday. They didn't even try to hide it. Now it's more random. It had nothing to do with wholesale prices. Strictly profiteering. All the other non QT stations would follow the same pattern so they could make the extra profit. I learned that in the morning heading to work when QT pulled their bi-weekly price jack, I could go around the corner to a Fiesta Mart and fill up before they had a chance to reset their price. If more people would boycott QT when they pulled this stunt and search out the cheaper gas, we could have broken them from this habit. Sadly people are more interested in convenience than being manipulated and they had to have their morning cappuccino or slurpy and do a fillup while they were there not caring about the price of the gas.

Last edited:

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cruising across America this week I have found
1. The QT stores are much cleaner outside Okla.
2. Their roller grills are not behind the counter
3. Parking lots very clean
4. Free of homeless bums and beggars
5. Most importantly, the gas is 60 cents a gallon CHEAPER.

Traveled Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina. $ 3.15 - 3.25 per gallon compared to $ 3.75- 3.80 in Tulsa
BOLOGNA!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you have been taking a trip without leaving the farm? The wholesale commodity price for gasoline is the same everywhere in this country. The difference we see is state taxes, and transportation cost! Most states taxes on motor fuel are higher, some much higher like California, for example, Transportation cost on average will likely be lower in Oklahoma, because of the number of refineries, and pipeline transport loading ficilities we have in the state!! What you were likely buying in western states, with higher altitudes, was likely 86, or even 85 octane, with 10% Ethanol blended at the pump! Lower octain gasoline is cheaper to blend, but usually cost much more in these western states. QT takes care of business, pays their employees very well, and provides better benefits, much better than the rest of this industry!! that is why they are ranked in the top 5 emploiers NATION WIDE, and have been for decades, and are expanding rapidly, while other convenience store chains are faltering, nation wide!!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
The QTs in Tulsa control the largest percentage of gasoline sales than any other city they are in. They set the market retail price. I studied their patterns for many years. They would randomly jack the price up 10 cents every couple of weeks, then it would trickle down a penny every day or two until it was time to jump it back up a dime. For several years it would happen every other Thursday. They didn't even try to hide it. Now it's more random. It had nothing to do with wholesale prices. Strictly profiteering. All the other non QT stations would follow the same pattern so they could make the extra profit. I learned that in the morning heading to work when QT pulled their bi-weekly price jack, I could go around the corner to a Fiesta Mart and fill up before they had a chance to reset their price. If more people would boycott QT when they pulled this stunt and search out the cheaper gas, we could have broken them from this habit. Sadly people are more interested in convenience than being manipulated and they had to have their morning cappuccino or slurpy and do a fillup while they were there not caring about the price of the gas.
kingfish.... do you happen to remember Joe Biden's fist day in office? he went on national TV, and announced he was canceling ALL of President Trumps policies, and ecutitive orders, that allowed us to be energy indepent, (produce more crude oil than we use) for the first time in 50/60 years, under both parties leadership? being energy indepent, and the worlds largest consumer of petroleum products, allowed us to set world commodity prices on crude oil, for the first time in 50/60 years. Biden gave, ( SOLD) that privledge back to OPEC his very first day in office, and told us, he was saving the world, and preventing the inland sea, called DEATH VALLEY FROM BECOMING A DESERT! Bench mark Crude Oil on the commodity market was $34.00 bbl on Nov 4th, 2020, election day and had been stable in that range for three years, 87 octane gasoline was under $2.00 per gallon, and had been for three years, REMEMBER? Today benchmark Crude Oil on the world market is $90.00 bbl. and 87 octane gasoline is near $4.00 gal. and up!! QT didn't cause this, greedy Oil Companies, and Refineries didn't cause this, The tooth Fairy didn't cause this! The American people that voted for Joe Biden, or worse, WERE TO LAZY TO VOTE AT ALL, CAUSED THIS!! These Crude Oil prices are about 90% responsible for the OUT OF CONTROL INFLATION WE ARE ALL EXPERIENCING RIGHT NOW!! Try and name one consumer product that the cost of petroleum products does not effect, in some way? have a good day!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom