U.S. Government F-450

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know this is a gun forum, but there is the occasional non-gun thread posted here, so...

I was driving through Shawnee yesterday, and saw a 2011-12 F-450, crewcab, dually, 4WD, diesel (6.7L) with a U.S. Government tag on it.

It wasn't hauling anything, but it did have a trailer hitch on it.

Does anyone know what the Feds would need a truck like this for?

Just curious.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loads of stuff. We use F-350 duallys to haul our 32' construction trailers all over the country...I can see bigger projects needing a 450...

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I understand that their are "endless possibilities" and "loads of stuff" you can do with this type of truck.

I am just curious as to what the government would be using one for.

I have never done government work, and just never imagined they would be using such a truck to take care of government business.

I guess I just thought government contractors would be the ones needing a truck of this type and not the U.S. Government directly.

Thanks.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a lot of infrastructure in this country that needs maintaining and its not all done by contractors...I'm spending 22 weeks on the road this year doing 'real' work. Just about every agency has blue collar folks who do some dirty work that requires equipment like that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom