UN Disarmament Documents .PDF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think Obama wants a civil war or government uprising so he can claim a national emergency and stop the election.
Bow to your emperor: Obama

See above post #21, +1. I find myself being paranoid with this administration, but people on here keep saying everything is going to be ok, so I do find some comfort knowing this.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look, I do find concerns here, but I'm not investing in tinfoil futures. The real concern is that our current administration shows their hand, that they can downplay all they want about gun control, and how they aren't interested in it, but then they turn around and support this treaty so you know they still oppose private firearm ownership, and thus desire government to have a monopoly on force. This indicates their true beliefs, but doesn't mean they can upend the entire US system of government to implement their Utopian desires. That said. I'm not getting spun up by Wayne LaPierre's recent emails telling me that blue helmets are marching down my street, either.

What we learned in 8th grade Civics class is still on the books:

--2/3rd Senate supermajority required to implement a treaty as binding. Not gon' happen with the bad press this has gotten. They can't even pass LOST...how would they get 66 Senators to take the hit for a treaty that the majority of Americans oppose?

--a treaty can't usurp the Bill of Rights, no matter how many Internet lawyers say so.

Antigonus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to pour gasoline on the fire. Today on the Sean Hannity show today, one of his guests ( I forget his name, but he runs a polling company) claimed that if Hilary Clinton, signs on to the Arms Treaty, that it will have the full force of law, until it is voted on by the House and Senate, and of course Harry Reid will never let it come up for vote, as long as he is the Majority Leader. The law provides for the inventory and registration of all small arms in country. So if our dear leader is re-elected, it could be as long as 5 years and several months before the treaty could be voted on. Giving the gov. plenty of time to put in place the mechanisms to accomplish this goal.

I don't know enough about international law to determine if this is true, or just one mans opinion. So take this with a grain of salt.

Sean Hannity had a guest on his show that told outright lies that anyone with a basic knowledge of government could debunk in 5 seconds? I for one am SHOCKED. Unless the Senate signs this treaty with a 2/3 majority it will have no force of law, and no "signature" of any government official trumps the necessity for Congress to ratify any and all treaties to make them the law of the land. This would never happen even if the Democratic Party had 80 sitting senators.

Edit - crap I didn't notice the post above me. Thankfully there are other posters on this board who don't just buy into this garbage and use it as another excuse to rage against a President who has implemented exactly ZERO laws that affect gun ownership in this country, and he never will. I mean seriously - you people honestly believe Obama wants to trigger a second Civil War? That's absolutely absurd and I can't understand how any adult person could think that. I disagree with Obama on a lot of policy issues but come on man.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its funny that you all have to use the words tinfoil so often. I suppose it is for lack of anything to say, a default.

I bet they do not sign it. If they do, it will not get ratified.

you ppl who say you are not worried, need to quit worrying so much about the people who choose to worry over this. So what.

Go read another thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom