Underground storm shelters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Safe rooms can double as a safe for storing guns and other things. The doors open inward and they will not fill up with water. You have to weigh the benefits against the negatives. Safe rooms don't stop cars. But at least you don't have to move a car to get into it.
Ahhhh I store my guns and stuff on my boat...nobody would look there.
Plus if theres a flood like the op questioned ....the guns are already there.....continue on

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhhh I store my guns and stuff on my boat...nobody would look there.
Plus if theres a flood like the op questioned ....the guns are already there.....continue on
I see a lot of ppl here on osa store their guns on there boat (some have lost them)SO i thought I would share this with you guys .I bought a bulldog rifle case the other day and to my suprise the tag says it floats made me think about how many guns here on osa could have been saved with this case :clap3:

yanksdad3

Marksman
Reaction score
I see a lot of ppl here on osa store their guns on there boat (some have lost them)SO i thought I would share this with you guys .I bought a bulldog rifle case the other day and to my suprise the tag says it floats made me think about how many guns here on osa could have been saved with this case :clap3:

Wish I would have known this before the TBA. (Tragic Boating Accident). It could have saved me thousands!
Now, back to the shelter thread.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got a Jim Giles storm shelter in April. Very happy with it. Good quality and good service, they did exactly what they said they would do and the install was quick and well done. But, as burned up as my yard looks I think we wasted our money cause I don't think it will ever storm here again.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got a Jim Giles storm shelter in April. Very happy with it. Good quality and good service, they did exactly what they said they would do and the install was quick and well done. But, as burned up as my yard looks I think we wasted our money cause I don't think it will ever storm here again.

:lookaroun Shhhhh!!! DON'T SAY THAT in your outside voice!!!

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most come with a come-along inside just in case debris fell on top of the sliding door. You should not have any problems getting out. Plus, most installers GPS you location and you too should let your fire department know of the where abouts of the install.

This sort of says it.

I would add that the permit you get in OKC to install the shelter has a blank spot for the GPS coordinates. The installer fills this in and returns the permit, and you are registered.

No matter where people are getting a shelter, in ground or above ground or whatever, I think it is healthy that people are more aware of it as an option now. Growing up here, my grandparents had a 10x10 concrete below ground cellar, which served double duty as the foundation for my grandfather's workshop. That was the ONLY shelter I knew about back then. Now, we are seeing lots of families getting their shelters and getting safe, and I think that is great. Why the heck didn't we think of that back then!?!?

Latest posts

Top Bottom