Unreal new video game trailor...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;qV3PhvCf_Jg]http://youtu.be/qV3PhvCf_Jg[/video]

Realistic execution style violence. Have games gone to far or is it their right to make something such as this? According to a friend of mine it was pulled from Green Light (a public voting game approval system) by a moderator who thought it too offensive, only to then have it reinstated at the demand of the president of Steam (the company who runs the green lighting of games), who said something along the lines of - "It is their right to make a game like this- no matter how offensive". Also taking into account, it was the public that greenlighted (approved) this game extremely fast to begin with. Is this what the people want? Are they just supporting the right of the developer to put out what he wants? What do you think?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They can make it if they want, but my kids won't be playing it nor will they see me play it if I choose to, which isn't likely.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh my god! I like free play in games like GTA and doing the psycho killing thing, but holy crap, this really does take it too far. It is disgusting really. For the nutjobs, this will be a training simulator.

It is too much.

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as I dislike that game, what I would dislike more is if it spurned lots of video-game regulation. There certainly seem to be a dichotomy at work--those who feel violent video games do infact make players more aggressive and violent (more likely to participate in crimes) and those who feel that video games are completely innocent of such claims. Whatever your view, I think it is dangerous to suggest that the media has NO impact on people who commit violent crime.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had thought GTA and Postal had gone about as far as you could go with a 'game', but these kinds of 'games' just go too far IMO. My youngest kid and only boy just turned 18 and he said he would play this game for sure. We taught him right from wrong but this stuff pounding your subconscious with stimulation overload doesnt help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom