us made, accurate, 9mm compac?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
M&P 9c. The Kahr is thinner for sure, but the M&P9c is a double stack 13 rounds I believe. The recoil is a bit less too. B

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good recommendations in this thread so far. I think people are steering you right.

* S&W M&P9 Compact -- my carry gun. Lightweight, accurate and reliable. Has about 1,200 rounds through it so far with zero malfunctions. Excellent ergonomics. The M&P Compacts are as small as a double-stack gun can go while still remaining as shootable as a larger gun. They have adjustable backstraps so they can fit most hands well. Holds 12+1 of 9mm, which ain't bad. N.B.: I prefer the magazines with the extended floorplate that gives you room for your pinky.

* Kahr -- well made and compact guns with nice DAO trigger pulls. They use single stack magazines, so you will give up 5 rounds or so compared to the M&P.

* S&W 3913 -- nice size, single stack, good reliable guns. Attractive looks. I don't like the ergos as well as the M&P. High bore axis; it always felt like the slide and sights were riding way high above my hand. Mine also was less accurate than my M&P -- but still decent enough for defensive purposes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom