Using Unique in the rcbs uniflow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I believe the type of powder has more to do with uniform charges than the measure,the RCBS with micrometer allows the ability to record your settings and repeat later. In my opinion stick powder like 4350,4064 deliver the least uniform charges, next being flake types like unique,and ball gives the most uniform charges. I use a lot of unique with a measure and never go near max with it.If I am using a max charge of anything I weigh each charge individually.

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried Unique in a Uniflow and as long as I stay above 5grs it works ok. I have the standard rotor and not the small pistol rotor for it. I tried the Lee Pro with adustable charge bar for charges less then 5gr and it didn't work very well. I started using Universal and both powder measures work better with it than with Unique. It burns cleaner also.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used the uniflow for about 40 years and it is very reliable and accurate. The only problem is with long extruded powders, and that applies to any measure, the grains get cut as the rotor sets the charge. ball and flake powders work great and the long extruded powders just require a little more effort to pull the handle. Blitzfike

Latest posts

Top Bottom