USO Optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr300

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, don't know where else to post this.

What do you guys think about USO Optics for long range tactical shooting?

I only ask because I have a chance to buy an 11-month-old USO SN3-1700 3.2-17 for about 2,200 bucks. My question is, is it worth the money?

Thanks in advance!

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they are wonderfull optics. They are very heavy for what they are, but they are built very stout. That seems like a high price for a used one, although I am not up on that particular model. KurtM

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd definately check the cost on buying a new one versus that price. I'm not saying it's high, because they are one of the best scopes on the market in my opinion. Stout, durable, accurate, etc. You can check on Youtube and see some of the video's that people have posted for durability of these scopes. If I could afford one, that particular one would be my choice! Goodluck with it.

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a ST10 and it was great just hefty I would say boom proof. Is the one your looking at T-pal? what reticle? is it lit? EREK elevation? A base 3.2-17 Tpal is $2225 that has no options

Dustin

Mr300

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, here's all the specs that they guy has for the scope:

SN3-1700 3.2-17
Power - 3.2-17
Paralax - ERGO
Elevation Knob - EREK 1/4 MOA
Windage Knob - US #3 M40 Style 1/4 MOA windage stop scalloped
Scope tube - 34 mm
Color - Matte Black
Retical - MDMOA Illuminted
Retical lighting - 11 Pos Rheostat (RED)
Eyepiece housing - low profile
Eyepiece - standard rapid focus
Accessories: 1-2" Sun shade ARD
Objective and eyepiece lens cover - custom engraved EREK knob

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scope is $2700 new. I'd probably try to hagle a little more on it (my price point to buy would be around $2k), but it is a top shelf scope along the lines of S&B, Hensoldt, Premier Heritage.

I don't like the ERGO parallax adjustment though either. I'd definitely want a T-PAL, but that is just my personal preference.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah check on snipershide, cause I saw two that were cheaper then that, but no idea of whether they were older or newer then the one you're looking at. It's not a bad price, but if you can save a dollar or two then that more the better for you.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 34mm tube on this scope is an option that costs more than a standard 30mm tube.

The EREK is a higher cost option, and the illuminated reticle also costs more.

Good accessories (ARD, sunshade, covers).

You can get good quality 34mm rings from a few different sources. I like 34mm tubes and prefer Badger rings, but Seekins and USO rings are fine.

Unlike Dustingunder, I don't care for the TPal (have tried it, but now I only have ERGO scopes). The TPal seems to need "tweaking" the parallax too often during the day IMO.

Expect the only reasons for selling this scope at that price are either he is in process of changing to Mil/Mil, or needs the money.

The USO SN-3 is Front Focal Plane, very well built, good glass, and you can get great customer service from a US company.

For an MOA/MOA scope this one is pretty hard to improve on (the 1/2MOA EREK option would be nice).

Unknown how much (if any) wiggle room the seller has on this scope, value-wise it looks like a fair price to me if the condition is good.

You can go to the USO website an price out the options on this scope.

We've heard that USO intends to increase their prices in 2011.

Latest posts

Top Bottom