USSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen some posts about USSA and thought I would post up about our experience last weekend. We almost didn't go due to what I had read and heard, but had someone in town with a firearm with a selector switch we wanted to shoot. We called ahead to make sure it was OK, no issue just bring the docs. Got there, they were friendly and very accommodating. Chatted a lot, found out the issue with no shotguns which didn't affect us but good to understand why. Everything went well, no issues, grounds were well taken care of, target stands were fine. The one thing to remember is to bring a staple gun for putting up your targets.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully it's on the rise. It was a great place and obviously had some hard years. Several of those frustrated posts were mine as it was an all around unpleasant experience the last few times I went before moving.

-People shooting while range was cold and people changing targets
-No steels to shoot at in steel bays
-No target holders in regular bays
-Bays flooded/holding water
-Harassed by employee for shooting MPX pistol in pistol Bay, saying added velocity from longer (4.5") barrel damages steel
-Harassed for picking up my own brass

It was very very unpleasant.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what was the issue with no shotguns?
Protected wetlands around the facility, any lead shot found there results in a significant fine. It seems some folks didn't get no shooting up in the air at clays, at all. All is OK if they are shot into the berm, but as is typical, a few ruin it for those that abide.

@adamsredlines there were target holders in our bay, and stands. The Manager and a couple of the staff visited with us in the bay, very friendly, also brought out a fun selectable pistol for us to shoot(I bought the ammo).

Latest posts

Top Bottom