Vehicle sold by David Stanley with Tinted Windshield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering who tints their windshields, besides that strip of tint along the top...
A lot of people do it. You do a light tint on the windshield and a fairly dark tint on the sides. When looking at the windshield people think it just appears darker due to the dark background from the side windows.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
reading over the law posted earlier, reads the same as the trooper said. even a 1% tint on the full windshield is illegal. i counted 3 nissan suv's and 2 more jeeps on the way home with tinted windshields. theyre prolly all over the place just rarely enforced.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the OP, I would just pay the ticket and clean it off, sounds like alot of shite to get this stealership to own up to it. Good luck with it.

Its not like I havent seen it, I have seen it done alot and cleaned it off of a few cars even. I just always have wondered why and also have wondered how the hell they havent been caught yet. It's not done at all with any of the car nut guys I know- most are already trying to keep from getting pulled over for other stuff and the last thing you want is illegal glass. I buy/sell alot of used sports cars and trucks and came from and still live part time in California when not in Oklahoma, it's not something new or all the rage there. Its illegal. In OK- can tint just the top 6" only, a non reflective strip only- same as in tight azz heavily regulated CA.

Alta Mere in Tulsa do all of my tinting when Im in OK. Just had it done on my parts runner in October.

This car bought in CA as a matter of fact did have some low % windshield tint when we got it in and I had Alta Mere clean it all off and do the top strip same as they did on my Infinity G35 and my other Supra.

...in the shadows(Tapatalk)

Last edited:

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea. had a work buddy tell me earlier he knows a guy that bought a car from DS that had the entire engine swapped out with some pos low power engine.

They also sold me this jeep with all 4 beadlocks unsealed, must have cleaned it and put them together wrong. an easy fix but it's annoying to see your new vehicle sitting on all 4 rims the morning after you buy it. they must have been airing it up 15 times a day for test drives.

Wow you know those aren't real beadlock rim right? Its just what urban jeepers speed money on to look cool? Do you even know the purpose of beadlocks?
As for the tint almost any tint shop in the state will tint your windows as dark as you want Regardless what the law is.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow you know those aren't real beadlock rim right? Its just what urban jeepers speed money on to look cool? Do you even know the purpose of beadlocks?
As for the tint almost any tint shop in the state will tint your windows as dark as you want Regardless what the law is.

Also real beadlocks are illegal to use on the road I've been told.
Why I don't know, but I had some on an ATV and was in an accident. The OHP and I talked about off-roading for a bit and he brought that up since he was off-roading in a jeep he had to trailer it to locations.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OHP sure bitches about some dumb stuff. I've had two of them tell me I couldn't run my fog lights. Sorry but anything that helps me see better at night i'm going to use. I bet they would really like the HID fogs on my Mustang!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2.5 years driving that death trap around blind? It's a miracle you didn't kill entire families. It's a good thing the government sent that cop to fine you and keep you safe LOL....

Latest posts

Top Bottom