Versus TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone here get and watch the Versus TV channel? I got a flyer from my local Austin cable company, Grande, of new HD channels they just added. I looked at the guide this morning before going to bed and it looked like they had a lot of hunting, fishing, and gun shows on.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watch it occasionally if I'm in that mood, but as with any hunting shows, all you're seeing is a canned hunt surrounded by obnoxious advertisements. Just my two cents, the other day I watched a show on there about "deer hunting ethics," where they were talking about how an "ethical" hunter only uses "natural" methods... The show was sponsored by some chemical that you spray on man-made scrapes that compels bucks to return daily and try to remark their territory.

I'm only 19, so I wouldn't call myself old-fashioned, but I've been raised to hunt the way my dad was raised to hunt in the early 60s. I hunt for the fun, the time spent in the woods with my dad, and the meat. Not the trophy. If you're anything like that, I don't think many of the hunting shows on Versus would appeal to you.

The fishing shows are a whole different story though. Great stuff. One of my favorites is "City Limits."

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone here get and watch the Versus TV channel? I got a flyer from my local Austin cable company, Grande, of new HD channels they just added. I looked at the guide this morning before going to bed and it looked like they had a lot of hunting, fishing, and gun shows on.

Hockey hockey hockey hockey hockey

Latest posts

Top Bottom