Vest??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a reason you want a "vest" instead of a chest rig or even a plate-less plate carrier?

Seems like a lot of extra material/fitting work for a full garment style rig. We moved away from those for a reason.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a reason you want a "vest" instead of a chest rig or even a plate-less plate carrier?

Seems like a lot of extra material/fitting work for a full garment style rig. We moved away from those for a reason.

Sir, Do you have a pic of what your referencing? The molle II is kinda what I thought he may be looking for.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:rollingla I'll tell him that ... BTW, he says that if I get him a shoot me first vest he's gonna buy me some support hose and one of those moo-moos that the old ladies wear ... You know the ones ... And I have to wear some of those black, lace-up "Old folks" shoes with them ... :disappoin Post #12s are gonna get awful scarce around here ... :wink2:
Old people shoes are Velcro. Everyone knows that. Lol at everything else.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A "tactical vest" usually covers your whole torso, but now that I see the Molle II isn't like that.

Whereas a chest rig is just a panel with pouches or molle webbing to attach thing to your front and sides, which is easier to wear with other gear and clothing.
I have a UW Gear Minuteman like this one:
http://uwgearinc.com/ar-minuteman-mk-ii-5.56-and-.308.html
I love it.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A "tactical vest" usually covers your whole torso, but now that I see the Molle II isn't like that.

Whereas a chest rig is just a panel with pouches or molle webbing to attach thing to your front and sides, which is easier to wear with other gear and clothing.
I have a UW Gear Minuteman like this one:
http://uwgearinc.com/ar-minuteman-mk-ii-5.56-and-.308.html
I love it.

I would consider that a mag bra. I like it, Just like the Chinese AK mag bra from 40 years ago, only a modern version.
The molle II is essentially this with wider strapps and complete versatility as to location, height and pocket combinations, along with vest height and girth adjustability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom