Vietnam Veterans Day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To all those men and women that served in Vietnam and especially to those that gave their lives for this great country......You Are Not Forgotten !

vnvd.jpg

vnvd2.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad spent some time over there while he was in the Marines. Here’s him posing for a photo. He was a radar operator so no combat involvement, just logistics for Rolling Thunder (and smoking the funny grass they had).

View attachment 466140

If he's still around, thank him for his service. A fellow I knew while in AIT went to Vietnam and didn't return. While his "base" was under attack, he and another guy hid under one of the hooches in which they lived, and the hooch caught on fire. He was deathly afraid of fire, so he got out and ran and was shot and killed.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he's still around, thank him for his service. A fellow I knew while in AIT went to Vietnam and didn't return. While his "base" was under attack, he and another guy hid under one of the hooches in which they lived, and the hooch caught on fire. He was deathly afraid of fire, so he got out and ran and was shot and killed.
He passed away last May. He was sent to FOBs to map out bombing runs, said he only saw 1 Cong and he was dead beside a road he was going down. Joked that they’d have rocket attacks and while the grunts were running for rifles him and his buddies were looking for cameras. 22 years in the Corp though.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He passed away last May. He was sent to FOBs to map out bombing runs, said he only saw 1 Cong and he was dead beside a road he was going down. Joked that they’d have rocket attacks and while the grunts were running for rifles him and his buddies were looking for cameras. 22 years in the Corp though.

Sorry to hear that he has passed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom