Vigilante groups spring up in Mexico in fight against cartels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It might be a little safer more inland, but the border towns...no #$% £@! way. Matamoros, Nuevo Laredo, Juraez....bad...mucho malow!!!

They can't keep policers for very long there. The ones who stay are as corrupt as the drug lords. Get in little jam...pay the officer...if he takes it I hope he lets you go.

A few years ago..Nuevo finally had a chief of police...he lasted 3 days. They found his body with over 50 bullet holes...when they found his head...it was attached to the top of a telephone pole.

Juarez..few yers ago, they found 20-30 shallow graves of young females. The drug lords show their men pictures of girls they like and their guys kidnap women who look like the ones in a picture. When they're done with them...the best way and fastest is a bullet to the head. Some bodies were found mutilated....

I was warned not to go to Juarez alone...they would kidnap me, start sending body parts back for ransom.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like Cohiba just said; do not go to Juarez under any circumstances. I've heard many first hand accounts of being shot at and held at gun point. I won't even go to El Paso for that matter.

Last edited:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG...El Paso has got to be THE most boring city in the US. There..I said it...go ahead and flame me...the people who like El Paso.

The reason I know about Juarez...I was doing an environmental job for a few weeks in El Paso...6-7 years ago. I was so freakin' bored, I asked the forman on the jobsite if there were any good chicken fights where a person could drink a cold beer, eat a few buche tacos and enjoy winning some money on the chicken fights.

No mas..no more in Juarez. He told me if I went alone...they would kidnap me and contact my wife for ransom. If she refused...they would cut off my nose or ear...maybe my ring finger with my wedding ring attached...to remind her.

Even if she sent the money....there's no guarantee they would release me. If I was lucky...a quick bullet to the head, if not...target practice, pit bull training, starvation, who knows what.

Cohiba

Nobody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These guys are gonna get killed. Running around with single shot 12ga and tube fed 22's.

I know 8 year old Okies with more fire power than that.

i1158.photobucket.com_albums_p605_nobodyosa_mexico_vigilantes_12113_zps9c2bcb1f.jpg

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These guys are gonna get killed. Running around with single shot 12ga and tube fed 22's.

I know 8 year old Okies with more fire power than that.

i1158.photobucket.com_albums_p605_nobodyosa_mexico_vigilantes_12113_zps9c2bcb1f.jpg

It may be all they have got. Once they kill off a few cartel members and take their guns, they could be better armed.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Single shot break action, yeah I wouldn't be holding that. But a tube mag rifle I wouldn't have much against considering what is likely available. Obviously something with a detachable box mag would be ideal.

I know a guy who lived there a few years who was doing contract work. He had some intense stories. Watch "The Kingdom" and in the scene where they are hauling in a convoy down the highway to detect anyone who may be following. My buddy said this is standard MO in MX. His company gave him a list of criteria any vehicle he chose to purchase MUST have: V8 or bigger motor, be an SUV or truck of some sort, have a brush guard(read battering ram) on the front of it, runflat tires, some other stuff. They have custom license plates that if they are doing 100 mph on the highway and the police get behind them they see the plate and back down(supposed to). If you are in an accident (fender bender) DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE. You sit in it doors locked and call this number they give you. When the guys show up who you called then you can get out.

Before he had his own vehicle it was limo service everywhere and you don't leave your house without it until you have a vehicle that meets the criteria above. he lived in a neighborhood called "Los Arcos" that lots of locals apparently knew as "Los Narcos". His driver one time parked sort of blocking his neighbors drive way. He said his neighbor came out with an AK and sprayed a few rounds into the dirt in his yard. Told the guy to move his car or the next bullets were going to be in his chest.

Like I said, intense stories. The environment is pseudo working as a .mil contractor in a war torn country. I might do it for the right amount of money, but we'd be talking serious dough and I'd only do it for a few years to build up some savings and then head back to the sates.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe our government needs to give arms to these guys instead of the cartels via the Mexican govt.. We do it in lots of others countries. Aren't these guys just a loose-knit group of freedom fighters? Thoughts?

Today's loose-knit freedom fighters are tomorrow's Osama Bin Ladins (if history proves anything).

Latest posts

Top Bottom