Walmart employee fired after trying to help assault victim in store parking lot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this story is true, wow. Just wow. Maybe the Michigan Standard is a little different than ours. Or the Walmart standard...

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately the world of HR is filled with Liberal Turds. If I were that guy's manager I would have bought him a gift card and said thank you for not just watching it unfold. Heck, if he were 21 I'd buy him a beer after work.

I understand why corporate America has policies in place. They have their attorneys review policies and assist in writing new ones that do everything to prevent any possible loss to the company. Unfortunately it ends up screwing some employees that care about others in the process.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't be a surprise to me, even defending yourself Is grounds for immediate termination of employment. It seems as though wallyworld Employees have no right to self defense.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't agree with the decision to fire the guy, but I understand why he was terminated. He is not a Police Officer and he is not a Security Officer. Had he been seriously hurt it would open the door for Walmart being held liable for his injuries. He did what most people consider the right thing, but in the eyes of the business it was wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom