Waterfowl 19'/20'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone use academy waders?

I’ve gone thru two pair in less than 2 seasons. They are absolute JUNK. I don’t expect much for a pair of $80-100 waders but dang at least a couple of seasons! Anyway I certainly won’t be purchasing anymore.
I used game winner before they switched to Magellan. They'd usually start leaking in season 2. Getting new cabelas waders for Christmas.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thought it was going to be a bust then they all came at once lol. Two man limit but three escaped the two dogs even, rare that happens.
20191220_122008.jpg

20191220_121941.jpg

20191220_121721.jpg

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used game winner before they switched to Magellan. They'd usually start leaking in season 2. Getting new cabelas waders for Christmas.

That's pathetic. Whats worse is the Academy ones are leaking so bad they aren't even repairable. Its like the ALL the seams are going bad at once.

Cabelas cost a little more but I bet I get about 3 years out of a set before I have to start patching. I'm guessing my waders last 5 years before they get so bad I have to pitch them.

Oh and for those of you who don't know. Aquaseal is amazing stuff I patch all my waders and even my muck boots with that stuff. I've even patched small holes in my waterproof jacket with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom