Weee health insurance cost increase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s killing us right now are dental bills. The Mrs had a bridge removed and two implants installed and I had a couple crowns. Yikes! She just had cervical spine surgery where they put a bar linking three vertebrae together and it was 1/3 the cost of the dental bills this past year.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank God for Crest! Cheapest place for groceries.

GH, one of the biggest mistakes retirees make is not having their own house that's paid for or has a mortgage that has a low interest rate that's nearly paid off. Rent and medical bills are the budget killers if you're on a fixed income.

Not trying to be obnoxious, just pointing out the fact.

Yes, Williams is way over-priced on everything. They bought out a small chain of stores here in the OKC area several years ago. Between Crest and Walmart, they got schooled. They shut their doors and left.
Winco was cheaper for awhile but Crest has caught back up on most things, gotta keep going back and forth between the 2.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bread and eggs at Braum's are very cheap. I paid $1.69 dozen for X-Large eggs and something like $1.49 for their buttermilk bread. We get most things at WM. The only other options in Ada are Aldi, 10Box Cost Plus and Pruett's. I hate WM but I hate paying more than I have to for groceries...and the other stores are anywhere from just a wee bit higher to a LOT higher than WM. I really don't like the Aldi's model and the Ada store is pretty small with limited item choices.

WalMart it is, unfortunately.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Humana Medicare gold. No premiums. Have to use the network docs, but relatively healthy so hasn’t been an issue

If that is one of the advantage plans, don't get sick out of the state. Those only seem to be good in one's state of residence. Back several years ago, I had an advantage plan out of Colorado, and when we moved to Oregon, that plan wouldn't do anything for me. If I had health issues, the ER was my ONLY option.

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Mutual of Omaha plan G medicare supplement goes from $192/mo to $228/mo July 1st
My rent is going up June 1st
Braums wanted $16.99 for one small ribeye and a pint of halfnhalf was $4
This retirement thing is not as much fun as I had hoped
Send me your zip and dob and I'll see if I can find you a cheaper premium.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank God for Crest! Cheapest place for groceries.
I know a solution: don’t shop.
If you really want to save money on groceries, go on a low fat diet. You'll find that foods in that category cost less-like vegetables, carrots, celery, grapefruit etc. And even a slice of bread is one gram of fat so I used to eat one slice with jelly for breakfast, and bring a few carrots and a grapefruit with me to work for lunch. I drank a lot of water and not surprisingly the weight fell off. I tried to hold my fat intake to under 25 grams per day ad it worked for me and I didn't bring as many groceries hime. The cupboard was bare for the most part during that period of my life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom