West Norman shooting yesterday; shooter was CLEET instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets say you're being mugged by some asswipe with a knife or gun, and you somehow get the upper hand and beat the guy unconscious. As he's laying there on the sidewalk unconscious and bleeding, you walk over to your parked car, grab your pistola and walk back over to the bad guy and then send a 124 grn projectile thru the asswipe's forehead. How do you think the law is going to see that?

My guess is you're going to have an experience very similar to Jerome's. The good news is you're going to get 3 nutritious meals a day and have a place to sleep for the rest of your life.
Why would you quit beating him?

Cardio, my friends - cardio.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have 0 sympathy for criminals but both cops and civilians should stop use of force when the attacker or suspect has been stopped or apprehended. Hard to say I’m in fear of serious bodily harm or death if the guy is laying on the ground with no potentially lethal weapon in his hands. The drug store guy fell for the friendly cop routine in the interview and should have kept his mouth shut. I’m glad the dirtbag who robbed the place is no longer sucking air but he went too far in that situation.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets say you're being mugged by some asswipe with a knife or gun, and you somehow get the upper hand and beat the guy unconscious. As he's laying there on the sidewalk unconscious and bleeding, you walk over to your parked car, grab your pistola and walk back over to the bad guy and then send a 124 grn projectile thru the asswipe's forehead. How do you think the law is going to see that?

My guess is you're going to have an experience very similar to Jerome's. The good news is you're going to get 3 nutritious meals a day and have a place to sleep for the rest of your life.
If that prosecuting lawyer was an OSA member then he would probably petition the judge to charge you with having a Weapon Mounted Light (WML) on your 'pistola' :anyone:

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 0 sympathy for criminals but both cops and civilians should stop use of force when the attacker or suspect has been stopped or apprehended. Hard to say I’m in fear of serious bodily harm or death if the guy is laying on the ground with no potentially lethal weapon in his hands. The drug store guy fell for the friendly cop routine in the interview and should have kept his mouth shut. I’m glad the dirtbag who robbed the place is no longer sucking air but he went too far in that situation.

I agree he did himself no favors by talking , but I can tell you this from the video it was clear the dude was dead when the anchor shot was administered . You can't murder someone who is already dead its just a simple fact of life . This case did end up with at least one good thing from it though in that the State Legislature ended up making it harder for DA's like prater to convict people who defend themselves .

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt the guy is a flight risk, but he might very well be a suicide risk.

I'm not sure what bond is appropriate for someone accused of murder 1. You?

In this case they have some solid evidence he burned the dude down im guessing . you don't get a 4 million dollar bond set unless they have something good enough to convict on .
Regardless, unless this guy won the powerball and has tens of millions in the bank, $4 million is an 8th Amendment violation and shouldn’t stand.

As for the discussion on anchor shots, I’m only aware of one scenario where anchor shots would be defensible, terrorist attacks. If you have a reasonable belief that said attacker(s) are wearing suicide explosives, an extra shot to the dome would be appropriate. Otherwise it’s not a good idea.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree he did himself no favors by talking , but I can tell you this from the video it was clear the dude was dead when the anchor shot was administered . You can't murder someone who is already dead its just a simple fact of life . This case did end up with at least one good thing from it though in that the State Legislature ended up making it harder for DA's like prater to convict people who defend themselves .

IIRC there was evidence provided at trial that the guy was actually still breathing when Ersland fired his coupe de grace ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom