What’s your favorite place to eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife grew up in Houston. She said Gusto's was the best italian food she's ever had. Pretty crazy for a small town like Shattuck Oklahoma to beat out Houston eateries.
If y'all ever get to McAlester area, go to Pete's Place in Krebs for Italian food. Its just east of Hwy 69, and they have people that drive from Dallas to eat there!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If y'all ever get to McAlester area, go to Pete's Place in Krebs for Italian food. Its just east of Hwy 69, and they have people that drive from Dallas to eat there!
Last time I ate there it had changed. I took my parents there, drove from Tulsa. Frankly, I was embarrassed it was so bad.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Last time I ate there it had changed. I took my parents there, drove from Tulsa. Frankly, I was embarrassed it was so bad.
Went there (Krebs) once in the early '90s. Ordered the lasagna and the cheese had a weird taste. When I asked about it they told me they didn't use ricotta but subsituted cottage cheese. Never went back.

Last edited:

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and Cafe Alley in Ardmore. Food is pretty good. It has the best carrot cake on plant earth...full stop!

View attachment 443472

I could take or leave carrot cake before trying theirs, and then I became a believer! I since tried carrot cake all over the place and nothing comes close to how they do it.
That looks good. I found Charleston's carrot cake was the best I've had!

Latest posts

Top Bottom