What a total let down . . I still have cold toes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what he said " thin liner sock combined with a medium sock" that seemed to work the best for me as when my toes get cold I am done. I bought the heater socks they suck. read some good reviews about the thermacell inserts.

I read what some of the fellas up north use to stay warm, and I went and bought me some ARTIC SHIELD booties wow! from what I found works best is when you get to you stand take off your boots and put your feet with just socks on into the booties and I also read that putting a hot hand pack in there as well worked great so I did that! my feet with no boots on in those booties never got cold and that was the other day when it was super cold and windy. I was impressed. I tried with the boots on as well didn't notice a lot but take your boots off as soon as you get there as it re-uses your heat from walking.

think they are $60 at bass pro.

smax

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear a pair of wicking socks under my wool socks and then keep my insulated boots laced loose. My feet don't get cold at all anymore. The wicking socks have been the key :wink2:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do have a pair of bunny boots and they are great for when there is snow on the ground and the weather doesn't get above 10 degrees outside but most of the time they are TOO insulated for Oklahoma, which is just as bad as not enough insulation.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
what he said " thin liner sock combined with a medium sock" that seemed to work the best for me as when my toes get cold I am done. I bought the heater socks they suck. read some good reviews about the thermacell inserts.

I read what some of the fellas up north use to stay warm, and I went and bought me some ARTIC SHIELD booties wow! from what I found works best is when you get to you stand take off your boots and put your feet with just socks on into the booties and I also read that putting a hot hand pack in there as well worked great so I did that! my feet with no boots on in those booties never got cold and that was the other day when it was super cold and windy. I was impressed. I tried with the boots on as well didn't notice a lot but take your boots off as soon as you get there as it re-uses your heat from walking.

think they are $60 at bass pro.

I am liking mine also

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
get your self some steel toed boot, expose the steel toes and carry a small propane torch......lol, problem solved.

LOL, the coldest I've ever had my feet was when wearing ST boots. I thought buying some that were "insulated" would be the ticket, but boy was I wrong.

I'll find out in the morning. I'll be sitting in an open stand come daylight.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, the coldest I've ever had my feet was when wearing ST boots. I thought buying some that were "insulated" would be the ticket, but boy was I wrong.

I'll find out in the morning. I'll be sitting in an open stand come daylight.

Attaboy Hoddy! Hope the winds lay down for you some, should be a great morning to be on stand. Good luck and hope to see some pics of you behind a giant by this time tomorrow!

Latest posts

Top Bottom