What are you Thankful for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanx to this forum.

Thanx to a few other things.

Health- mine has been great as well as immediate family: MIL has been the only family member close to me that has been in the hospital this year for anything, versus recent past years. My mothers cancer has not returned in 15 years. Wife has been healthy all year- funny how a heart attack in your early 40s changes you and your priorities and your habits. She hasnt missed the cigs going on 5 years now. She doesnt know we know she has one here and there.

Wealth- wife just clocked in 30 years on the job with the same company this year and also became an officer of the company, her raises and bonuses should cover her retirement and investment funds yo-yoing; my contribution to the cause has been good- business and investments. Good news on up coming future oil production means my familys mineral rights and interests will be more profitable. Trying to be self employed as well as having interests in several small businesses with partners has been a little hectic but I and we have had a good year. Thankfully all of my stuff has been staying very busy. Me and my associates upgraded all gear in all 3 of our shops which are spread out in multi state locations this summer and still are going to be able to give some profit/bonuses to our people at the end of our last quarter of the year, which works out to be right before the holidays. They have really worked hard for us this past year and they more than deserve it. Without them we wouldnt be in business. My own 2 smaller businesses that I run mostly alone have been doing great as well. Im booked solid into next year with clients for my builds. Im also going to be paying alot more in taxes this next tax year, but I am happy to be doing it. Lol, whatever. Im kind of fcked really. Im that middle guy. I most likely will never be a multi tr/b/m/illionaire, and while I am happy to be a high thousandaire cause Im paying my bills and doing what I want when I want while making money at it and doing it all my way, I feel like I am getting hit harder than the big boys with the big bucks and people making less than me.

Happiness and family- 9th yr anniversary with wife on 12-12-12. 16yr old stepson and 20 yr old stepdaughter are doing well. Stepdaughter works IT for FEMA and has been in New Jersey living at Camp Nix since the day after Sandy the storm manning the computers while being totally bombarded with claims to enter in the system. She is spending Thanksgiving in NYC and will be staying at one of my older sisters home in Brooklyn and they are going to the Macys parade. My own 3 daughters, 27 22 and 18, from 3 different mothers/exes, 2 of which are ex-wives, and one of which is a current business partner, are all doing great and we're all getting along, 2 of them have children of their own now. We're just one big happy weirdazzed family. My mother and stepfather are in Oklahoma and are good as well as my 2 older sibs and their brood back home in California. In-laws and wifes sibs and relatives all here in Tulsa are all good. Brother in-law inspects jet engines and his company flies him all over the world to do it and he is always gone and busy. My brother has not been too busy in the body/paint side of his shop, which my dad left to us when he passed away in 1997, but the mechanics side and the audio install/tint side he added on when started running the place are always booked solid. Its California, he does alot of after hours mods for guys pimpin their rides, whatever.

Faith- Im agnostic, but whatever you got going and believe in I hope it all works out for you and you have a happy holidays. My wife and kids are Methodists, my mom is a daily mass Cathollic, my California sibs are 'spiritualists' or eastern religion freaks, etc, whatever. I am a little more than one quarter native American- my grandfather was full blood and grandmother was mixed, they were old traditional ways believers in the energies of earth and sky, and they also went to the Catholic church.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thankful that in a couple of hours I will get to have another meal with my two brothers. They were both diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer 13 months ago and they are both still with us today. Only by God's Mercy.

WAGS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm Thankfull For - Oklahoma's Open Carry Law..XRAILS And Promag 20 Round 12 Guage Drums.. 20" Heavy Barrels w/ 1:10 Twist.. GoGun Talons.. Raven Concealement.. Gen 4's... Morale Patches.. Zombie Green...RRA 2 Stages.. Froglube... Multicam.. M16's and 203's.. 50 Cal's and Mark 19's... PCC's and PCI's.. Knifehands and A$$Chewings.. Magpul Industries..10.5" Uppers.. Armslist.com.. No Shave Chits.. The 2nd Ammedment.. HSGI Double Decker Taco's... 225 Lumen M962 Surefires.. Hornady TAP.. SOG Tactical Tomahawks.. Terminal Ballistics..My Voodoo Tactical Matrix.. Sheepdog Mentality, And The American Flag. **Happy Thanksgiving..

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thankful for GC. I am a different person for having known and loved him. (You guys should of seen me before he "calmed me down" ... ) By the grace of God we will die peacefully in our sleep in each other's arms.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thankful for GC. I am a different person for having known and loved him. (You guys should of seen me before he "calmed me down" ... ) By the grace of God we will die peacefully in our sleep in each other's arms.
Welcome back Patti. Hope you're feeling well.

I am thankful for my wife and kids. I can't even begin to tell you how fortunate I am to be married to my wife. My kids are all amazing, mostly due to their mother. Her dedication to all of us is a constant reminder to me of how much I fall short as a father and husband. Living up to her example remains constant motivation for me. I have a million other things to be thankful for as well but she stands out the most.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome back Patti. Hope you're feeling well.

I am thankful for my wife and kids. I can't even begin to tell you how fortunate I am to be married to my wife. My kids are all amazing, mostly due to their mother. Her dedication to all of us is a constant reminder to me of how much I fall short as a father and husband. Living up to her example remains constant motivation for me. I have a million other things to be thankful for as well but she stands out the most.

Ohhh, thanks! The doc was right, this one was a walk in the park compared to July's. I'm wanting to go shooting (just to see) -- GC has me chained to the chair ... Sheesh ... LOL

And you are so right about your wife. She is amazing. (It's obvious the kids are taking after her! :wink2:) Tell them all Happy Thanksgiving for us.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohhh, thanks! The doc was right, this one was a walk in the park compared to July's. I'm wanting to go shooting (just to see) -- GC has me chained to the chair ... Sheesh ... LOL

And you are so right about your wife. She is amazing. (It's obvious the kids are taking after her! :wink2:) Tell them all Happy Thanksgiving for us.
I am glad that things went well with your surgery. Take it easy and get well soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom