What does hunting land lease for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is hunting land in Okfuskee county, or Seminole county going for? The property is about 80 acres, small pond, and has a county road bordering it. Mostly trees and has a creek running along one side of it. I ask about both counties because this land is close to both counties.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No first hand experience and quick google search for Hunting Leases Oklahoma found very little. One was on FB and I don't have an account so may/may not be anything on FB. Found nothing for those 2 counties. Garvin county 87 acres for $1625. Best of luck. Post back if you do find something as we own land in Okfuskee and curious on going rates.

https://www.basecampleasing.com/land/oklahoma-hunting-leases.htm

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t really know about small acreages, but from what I’ve seen advertised on larger places, the “going rate” seems to be about $10/acre. I guess it’s really worth whatever the owner can get for it though. :anyone:

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like stated above, $10 is about the norm anywhere in the state. Some get more some get less. You’ll always hear the extreme cases and people trying to claim those as the baseline.
$10 an acre is also the max landowners can charge and still be protected by law from liability.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma Recreational Land Use Statute is a state law that protects landowners from liability if they allow people to use their land for recreational purposes. It’s allows for leasing up to $10 an acre a year. Above that you are not protected and you take on legal liability for anything that happens to them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma Recreational Land Use Statute is a state law that protects landowners from liability if they allow people to use their land for recreational purposes. It’s allows for leasing up to $10 an acre a year. Above that you are not protected and you take on legal liability for anything that happens to them.
There is a whole lot of land leased for much more than $10 per acre.
Haven't heard about that Statute. will look it up to get more info.
Around where we live, not where I hunt, lease prices are dependent on some game pics with dates, etc, stands existing, quality of the stands, and so on. It is on Native American land so that may be why.

Latest posts

Top Bottom