What does hunting land lease for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m sure that’s an issue. I’m also pretty sure this 22 acre spot I have would draw much more than $10 per acre with all the pics I can produce over the years of 130-150” bucks, existing heated blind, food plot installed and so on. Just like today View attachment 232075
Well I say $10 and that’s for just a basic property with nothing to offer other than hunting. You start adding feeders, stands, food plots, camper hookup site etc and of course that’s not the same thing.
However if you remember all the pics I posted in the past, those are all off $10 or less leases. One was just 80 acres that’s produced multiple 160+.
But all our leases have bucks like that on them and we don’t pay over $10.

Also when we are talking about something small like 20 acres price per acre really kind of goes out the window. I sure as hell wouldn’t take $200 for that place if it was mine either lol

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank You.
As a land owner, I'll give it a through read.
“2. The Oklahoma Limitation of Liability for Farming and Ranching Land Act applies only to an owner of land who does not charge more than Ten Dollars ($10.00) per acre per year for that land used for recreational purposes.”

This is the part I was referring to

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma Recreational Land Use Statute is a state law that protects landowners from liability if they allow people to use their land for recreational purposes. It’s allows for leasing up to $10 an acre a year. Above that you are not protected and you take on legal liability for anything that happens to them.

Land owner is protected, but for public use. There is no mention of the $10/acre.

See § 76-10.1. Landowners encouraged to make land available to public for recreational purposes - Limitation on liability – Definitions – Applicability of section to land and attached roads, water and structures used primarily for farming or ranching activities., Title 76. TORTS, Oklahoma Statutes

But per Paragraph D, if any charge is made, the liability protection doesn't stand.
D. This section shall not apply if:
1. Any charge is made or is usually made for entering or using any part of the land; or
2. Any commercial or other activity for profit directly related to the use is conducted on any part of the land.

Latest posts

Top Bottom