What is it and what's it worth #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check the middle barrel band to make sure this isn't a paratrooper takedown version that will separate into two halves. I've seen one of those with the AA sights and bipod. Big $$$$$. Is it true that .303 Brit and 7.7 Jap will interchange?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check the middle barrel band to make sure this isn't a paratrooper takedown version that will separate into two halves. I've seen one of those with the AA sights and bipod. Big $$$$$. Is it true that .303 Brit and 7.7 Jap will interchange?
No they will not. The 7.7 is based on the 303 but if I remember correctly the rim is different.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I sent him videos on takedown models and he said it is not one.

Folks I do appreciate the feedback, quite the surprise to him and I to see he had a collector piece. Thanks for all the help.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably not $1000, unless you want to monitor it for a while (possibly months) and engage a bunch of tire kickers. It might eventually sell for that.

$500 would be too low. So somewhere in between.

A realistic price for a Mum'ed without extras is about $550. That one has the monopod and the aircraft sights so that is a bonus, but not the dust cover or cleaning rod (unless I can't see it). So it isn't at the top of the 'condition' list. Also Nagoya is a common manufacturer and I can't see the SN, but it would look as if it is mid war production, again common.

People can say what it is worth all they want, but it is really only worth what someone will pay for it.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg