What is your best concealed carry holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 'em down said:
Thanks Mike Brown and thanks to you too, J.P. But I am still curious...what do you do for a living that requires you to carry "24/7" like you said? You obviously make pretty good money to afford Milt Sparks stuff!

Read my above post.
i make a very modest living but when my life is at stake,i don't pinch pennies.
I use IWB kydex as well sometimes.
the only time i use OWB kydex is for gun games like IDPA.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Mike Brown! You are saying that you would rather use a Galco Concealable than a kydex OWB? Is the retention level that good in the Concealable? And what about...say...a Yaqui slide type of leather holster? I really do value your opinion and maybe I need to make a change in my equipment? Whaddya think?

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 'em down said:
Hey Mike Brown! You are saying that you would rather use a Galco Concealable than a kydex OWB? Is the retention level that good in the Concealable? And what about...say...a Yaqui slide type of leather holster? I really do value your opinion and maybe I need to make a change in my equipment? Whaddya think?

What I have found in training is that because leather has some give to it, its easier to fight for and keep than kydex.

The fact that kydex is so fast and easy to draw from makes it equally perilous in a physical struggle, most pronounced on the ground.

If I have to carry OWB (which is rare) I prefer the Galco Avenger to the Concealable but the Concealable is usually easier to conceal for most people. Typically I carry the Sparks Summer Special 2.

The Yaqui looses some of the benefit of leather because it gives a suspect two distinct points of purchase on the gun. Any OWB does this but not as significantly.

Michael Brown

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Michael Brown said:
The Yaqui looses some of the benefit of leather because it gives a suspect two distinct points of purchase on the gun. Any OWB does this but not as significantly.

i echo that concern about "slide" holsters.

Robbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RobC said:
Currently I carry my 1911 in a Milt Sparks VMII in horsehide...I have been waiting for six months for my Matt Delfatti ISP-LP...might be another six months too. The VMII will be retired upon the arrival of the Delfatti.

Rob

Wanna "retire" that VMII to me for a fair price? :yelclap:

:D

Rob

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Robbo said:
Wanna "retire" that VMII to me for a fair price? :yelclap:

:D

Rob

My VMII has been worn almost every day for close to two years. Given that it might be my primary holster for another six months or so it may be pretty worn out. I'll post pictures when the time comes to see if anyone wants it.

Rob

Latest posts

Top Bottom