What is your favorite hunting shotgun ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There weren’t many humpback shotguns (Browning, Remington 11), I’m thinking it was an old Browning sweet 16 where the “F” was FN Hertsal, the Belgium manufacturer of old Browning guns…..any gun historians out there?
Franchi 48al? They had humped backs and a tendency to look like hell after use. Don’t know if they made it in 16ga though.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would love to try an Auto 5, but for me currently it is a pair of Winchester Model 50’s — one 20 gauge that belonged to my dad and a 12 gauge I found a decade ago on a Cabela’s sale rack

the Winnie’s are all I need, however would love to give an A5 a try to see why they are so well loved

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The model escaped me earlier, but Winchester 1911 SL was humpbacked and allegedly came in 16ga.
To be honest I'd never heard of a Winchester 1911 shotgun and I had to do a little Googling on it.

Apparently it was nicknamed the "Widowmaker" and "Headbuster" because of it being dangerous on both ends.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/worst-shotgun-ever-winchester-model-1911/
win1911.jpg

w1911#2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom