What is your favorite steakhouse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New steak eater here, and I'm trying to figure out what took me so long. So far, my favorite is the New York Strip at The Longhorn. I heard 50/50 on Cattleman's so I got a gift card to go there from work, I'll never go back. For one, presentation sucks for food and the appearance of the diner, ever hear of updating? I got the porter house, too much fat and grissle, side options were very limited, my wife got a sirloin, one little peice of meat in the middle of a big plate and a small helping of mashed potatoes on the side, lemonade was terrible, had to be tap water with a little lemon squeezed in. And the waiter acted like he would have rather been any where else than helping us. Maybe it was just hyped up too much for my taste and led to a bigger let down.

I've never had a bad steak at cattlemen's. Must have been an off night or something.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New steak eater here, and I'm trying to figure out what took me so long. So far, my favorite is the New York Strip at The Longhorn. I heard 50/50 on Cattleman's so I got a gift card to go there from work, I'll never go back. For one, presentation sucks for food and the appearance of the diner, ever hear of updating? I got the porter house, too much fat and grissle, side options were very limited, my wife got a sirloin, one little peice of meat in the middle of a big plate and a small helping of mashed potatoes on the side, lemonade was terrible, had to be tap water with a little lemon squeezed in. And the waiter acted like he would have rather been any where else than helping us. Maybe it was just hyped up too much for my taste and led to a bigger let down.

Haha, and that is why I love Cattlemen's. The interior appearance hasn't changed a whole lot since it was a **** kicker's diner in 1911. It keeps most of the yuppies away. Most are too cheap to get the filet, which costs a little bit more than the others, but is a WHOLE lot better cut of meat. Unfortunately enough other people know about them that there is usually a bit of a wait for dinner on weekends. Oh well, they have a bar upstairs in the waiting room with their own house brand "double deuce" beer, which is made for them by Choc Brewing in Krebs. I'm pretty sure it is the same thing as 1919. In any case it's good unfiltered wheat beer that is 6 point, cheap, and comes in a 22 ounce bottle. And the bartenders downstairs make a mean cocktail.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cattlemen's, on Agnew in Stockyards City, OKC.
I'm also a fan of Cattlemen's, particularly the Cafe side--there's usually a minimal (if any) wait for seats over there. I do like Saltgrass, but if I'm eating steak in Norman, I'm usually cooking it. I also like the Cimarron Steak House up on Meridian, north of 10th; they have pretty good steaks, and you'd be hard pressed to buy it from the butcher for the prices they charge. As I recall, they also have a really good chicken fried steak (though I haven't been there in years).

Latest posts

Top Bottom