What kind of mustang can go 208mph??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe they hit this kid with a felony. Hopefully it gets reduced.

Hmmmm. Not sure I'd agree with this.
Even using the lower speed reading of 170~ish, that's still a difference of 100 mph if he rear-ends someone.

Hitting someone (even rear-ending them) at 100 mph difference (170 - 70) is deadly, and then the victims still have to come to a stop (70 - 0) - uncontrolled I'd assume.

I'd certainly throw a felony at this guy.
...And anything else too.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Not sure I'd agree with this.
Even using the lower speed reading of 170~ish, that's still a difference of 100 mph if he rear-ends someone.

Hitting someone (even rear-ending them) at 100 mph difference (170 - 70) is deadly, and then the victims still have to come to a stop (70 - 0) - uncontrolled I'd assume.

I'd certainly throw a felony at this guy.
...And anything else too.

That's okay. We will agree to disagree. The thing is he didn't hit anyone and we can't prosicute on what-ifs. He's 19 in a high performance sports car. I'd bet a lot of us would get in trouble. By all means punish the hell out of him. Make him speak to families who have lost loved ones to speeders, make him do 500 hours of community service, suspend his license, make him pay. But to hit him with a felony - stripping him of his 2nd amendment rights, preventing him from voting and getting a job at a lot of places - just because he was young and dumb seems highly unjust. If he did hurt someone, I'd agree - throw the book at him, but we don't live in a world of hypotheticals.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to my research it is a 2011 mustang gt with cold air intake, shorties(headers), stock h pipe, magnaflows, and a bama tune and he wasn't close to 208mph. It also supposedly has nitrous, but the bottle was empty. Charge him with a felony for running from the cops and putting others in danger, and let him plead it down if he doesn't have significant priors.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's okay. We will agree to disagree. The thing is he didn't hit anyone and we can't prosicute on what-ifs. He's 19 in a high performance sports car. I'd bet a lot of us would get in trouble. By all means punish the hell out of him. Make him speak to families who have lost loved ones to speeders, make him do 500 hours of community service, suspend his license, make him pay. But to hit him with a felony - stripping him of his 2nd amendment rights, preventing him from voting and getting a job at a lot of places - just because he was young and dumb seems highly unjust. If he did hurt someone, I'd agree - throw the book at him, but we don't live in a world of hypotheticals.

This, except the system doesn't work that way. The system is stacked in favor of those with money (which this kid has access to). It will be easy for him to avoid a felony conviction on his record. Meanwhile the poor sap with no better or worse judgment will catch the felony conviction and be SOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom