What type of holster are you all using for OC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple Looper OWB 3 slot holsters for my G19 & 1911. They do not have the top retention strap or anything. Are you all using the same OWB holster you have for OC? Or are you using a holster with a retention device like a top strap or Blackhawk? I'm just trying to decide if I need to get a retention holster if I decide to OC.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking for myself, I wouldn't OC without some kind of thumb strap or other retention device. Way to easy to be standing in a busy checkout line.. get distracted by something... and have someone grap the weapon from behind. I've been using a Blackhawk Serpa 2 holster for my G19 & 23. A leather thumb break holster for my LCP.

Last edited:

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use two different platforms for OC and CC.

For CC, I use a Comp-Tac IWB holster. I think Comp-Tac and Crossbreed are two of the best holsters out there for comfort and functionality.

When I OC, I use a serpa type holster for retention. In my opinion you really need a retention type holster not only for the firearm but for the holster itself. I have the exact one in the link below. I especially like it because it has tabs at the bottom part of the holster that goes in the waist band. The tabs catch the top of your pants and do not allow the holster to be pulled up and out. You can also buy a separate backing that will provide you with a belt loop set up for this particular holster.

http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/p...Blackhawk+CQC+Level+2+Serpa+Sportster+Holster

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the same holster for OC that I did for CC.

Bought it several years ago at a gun show and don't remember the manufacturer.

Looks a lot like this though:
View attachment 105_l.jpg

Friction retention is all it has, no locking mechanism or thumb break, but due to design I'm not worried about the potential of a snatch and grab from behind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom