What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're gonna walk around and confront trespassers, you NEED a cell phone. You can get phones that are relatively cheap, still have a decent camera in them for photographing things like license plates and such, and you just buy minutes as you need them.

Much as I hate being tethered to my phone you are not wrong. If I'd had my phone ON ME when that tree attacked me I could have saved myself a whole lot of trouble. 😣

Angler2312

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're gonna walk around and confront trespassers, you NEED a cell phone. You can get phones that are relatively cheap, still have a decent camera in them for photographing things like license plates and such, and you just buy minutes as you need them.
Agreed

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazing the number of accidental discharges while out walking the fields when one stumbles because of a 'snake hole'. Strange thing about it is that all those spent bullets seem to always end up in things like tire sidewalls or windshields . . . just can't figure it out 🤔
And now you've made it a conspiracy. :angry3:

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Much as I hate being tethered to my phone you are not wrong. If I'd had my phone ON ME when that tree attacked me I could have saved myself a whole lot of trouble. 😣
I didn't have any real trouble adapting to an electronic leash. Most of the 10 years I did photography for the USAF, we were required to carry a pager on a rotating basis to be the alert photographer at whatever base I was assigned. Somebody has an accident, something just broke, someone died in quarters, things like that. One of them was one of my co-workers getting stabbed with a kitchen knife by his wife. Another was a suicide on the range at Eglin AFB, and quite a few aircraft accidents. My wife has an app called Life 360 loaded on our phones. It lets us know where each other are... So now I'm the Alert Husband. :pms2:

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it happened to me I’m dang sure, if at all possible, going to disarm them and if they are blowing B.S. they aren’t going to get them back except from game ranger or sheriff.

I hate trespassers, if it’s really accidental it’s a different story then I understand.

At the very least I’m getting the tag number and calling the game ranger or sheriff.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You walk up to your deer stand on your land and a stranger steps out of your blind and says "this stand is occupied." You then ask who gave you permission to hunt here? He responds "the land owner." You then advise that you are the land owner and he responds "no you are not."

What would you do?
Been there done it.. First remember he's likely got a loaded gun . second all you have to do is call game warden in your area or hot line And give them tag number. Charge (s) are trespass,hunting w/o permission, poaching etc if you get tag number. Ranger will investigate.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay all you tough guys ...

1. Attempting to disarm someone (even on your own property) is called assault.

2. And without witnesses (and sometimes with) it turns into a HUGE pissing contest that just, in a best case scenario, just makes all the lawyers richer and the judge and bailiff bored outta their gourds.

How about we just act like grown-ups and if the trespasser decides to be a prick and lie and/or "stand" his ground, you walk away, discreetly take any and all pics you think you need and just call the game warden to come out and take a report when they can get to you??

I dunno. Maybe I'm just being a girl. 🤷😂

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay all you tough guys ...

1. Attempting to disarm someone (even on your own property) is called assault.

2. And without witnesses (and sometimes with) it turns into a HUGE pissing contest that just, in a best case scenario, just makes all the lawyers richer and the judge and bailiff bored outta their gourds.

How about we just act like grown-ups and if the trespasser decides to be a prick and lie and/or "stand" his ground, you walk away, discreetly take any and all pics you think you need and just call the game warden to come out and take a report when they can get to you??

I dunno. Maybe I'm just being a girl. 🤷😂
If I disarm someone on my property, who’s going to believe the guy that’s breaking the law claiming he was “assaulted”?!?🤣

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I disarm someone on my property, who’s going to believe the guy that’s breaking the law claiming he was “assaulted”?!?🤣

Jury. A jury. That's who. (Trust me, my friend, I saw some REALLY REALLY weird travesties of justice when I was working. Probably why I stay home as much as I do ...

Oh hell who am I kidding?!?! I'm afraid some idgit will cut me off in traffic and I'll have to shoot the ******* ... 😉😂😂😂

In all seriousness though the legal system is way ****ed up, sir. It has nothing to do with what's right or wrong anymore. Hell, in all honestly, looking back, I'm not sure it ever did. 😢

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jury. A jury. That's who. (Trust me, my friend, I saw some REALLY REALLY weird travesties of justice when I was working. Probably why I stay home as much as I do ...

Oh hell who am I kidding?!?! I'm afraid some idgit will cut me off in traffic and I'll have to shoot the ******* ... 😉😂😂😂

In all seriousness though the legal system is way ****ed up, sir. It has nothing to do with what's right or wrong anymore. Hell, in all honestly, looking back, I'm not sure it ever did. 😢
This sounds as hypothetical as the whole thread.🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom