What? You missed the OK2A Policy Conference today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That and more than a few shooting matches going on the same day...Pawnee Run and Gun, USSA ProAm etc...

Bad advertising and poor scheduling probably.

How many "paid" members is the OK2A up to now?

I can't speak to the poor scheduling and maybe it wasn't advertised as well as it should have been. I was aware of it from email updates I receive from OK2A. I don't know how many "paid" members there are but I do know that there are approximately 16 chapters and work to build more. Protecting my rights begins with me.

The leadership is very dedicated and work very hard to promote liberty and protect gun owners rights here in Oklahoma. In recent years most, if not all, legislative accomplishments in Oklahoma are a result of OK2A. I did not see the NRA or the ORA actively support any of them. I'm a life member of the NRA, but if I had to pick one gun advocacy group to be a member of right now it would OK2A. If OK2A can accomplish what it has the last few years with the resources it has imagine what could be accomplished with full support of the gun community.

I firmly believe members on this forum, as well as people from all persuasions who are interested in promoting and protecting gun rights, should be OK2A members and the next Policy Conference would be sold out.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't speak to the poor scheduling and maybe it wasn't advertised as well as it should have been. I was aware of it from email updates I receive from OK2A.

The biggest problem on the mailing list is the subject remains the same for all of the emails. They'd get a better response rate if the subject contained the leading story.

Also, now that I look closer... the last email I received was in 1/2013 regarding changes to a Tulsa meeting. I'm pretty sure I didn't unsubscribe, because I don't see a notification about unsubscribing (which their mailing list manager usually sends, in my experience).

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
VM, you are not on their list if you haven't gotten anything in a year. I just did a search of my gmail and I am getting at least one update a week.

I will reiterate what rawhide said. Memberships are like $15 a year, and these guys are all over it down at the Capitol. Virtually every significant pro-gun bill in the last 4 years has their fingerprints on it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
VM, you are not on their list if you haven't gotten anything in a year. I just did a search of my gmail and I am getting at least one update a week.

Yeah.... looking at archive.org I subscribed way back when they were running Wordpress... at least that's the last site layout I remember. I don't recall the Radium3 version at all.

I guess I'll sign back up.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah.... looking at archive.org I subscribed way back when they were running Wordpress... at least that's the last site layout I remember. I don't recall the Radium3 version at all.

I guess I'll sign back up.

Don't remember how long ago but last year they made some online changes because I had an issue as well. A handful of guys who also have families and jobs are doing the work so some glitches could occur.

There are several membership and sponsorship options starting at $25.

OK2A has also allied with SafeToCarry.

SigInBoots

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't speak to the poor scheduling and maybe it wasn't advertised as well as it should have been. I was aware of it from email updates I receive from OK2A. I don't know how many "paid" members there are but I do know that there are approximately 16 chapters and work to build more. Protecting my rights begins with me.

The leadership is very dedicated and work very hard to promote liberty and protect gun owners rights here in Oklahoma. In recent years most, if not all, legislative accomplishments in Oklahoma are a result of OK2A. I did not see the NRA or the ORA actively support any of them. I'm a life member of the NRA, but if I had to pick one gun advocacy group to be a member of right now it would OK2A. If OK2A can accomplish what it has the last few years with the resources it has imagine what could be accomplished with full support of the gun community.

I firmly believe members on this forum, as well as people from all persuasions who are interested in promoting and protecting gun rights, should be OK2A members and the next Policy Conference would be sold out.

I couldn't agree more strongly. If you aren't on OK2A's email list, please subscribe.

There is an OKC Chapter meeting tonight at 6:30 at H&H.

There's is a Capitol rally on February 10th at 11:45am. http://www.ok2a.org/calendar?eventId=756194&EventViewMode=EventDetails

Again, I strongly encourage everyone on the OK Shooters board to join the OK2A as a paid member. As a lifetime NRA member, I'm thankful for what the NRA does for gun rights. But OK2A is local and puts informed, warm, Oklahoma citizen bodies up in our state capitol to get the legislation passed that we need right here in our own backyards. The support OKShooters could give en masse would be tremendous. http://www.ok2a.org/

I'll post some notes from the conference when I can get to my computer and stop thumb-typing on this phone.

Last edited:

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As imperfect as any fledgling organization may be, I am thinking OK2A is the group we all have been waiting for.

Just a few years ago there was an disappointing attempt to "infiltrate" the ORA for the very purpose that OK2A is fulfilling. There is a Sticky on this forum about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom